Playing the Freshmen in the Remaining Games

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Johnson is coaching for his job. No way he does this, regardless if it would be best for the program.
I think Saturday he was coaching for his job, I do. And had we lost, then he would be coaching for it against Virginia, and then Georgia. I think. But the bowl probably saves it and Virginia would cement it. Beating Georgia gets him a lifetime contract and a surrogate to deal with the press. Seriously in some ways I think Johnson is the Casey Stengel of football: rookies get you beat. And whatever else, he plays to win. That said if he let the season go by without taking advantage of that four-game gift, that is not in my good coaching.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think Saturday he was coaching for his job, I do. And had we lost, then he would be coaching for it against Virginia, and then Georgia. I think. But the bowl probably saves it and Virginia would cement it. Beating Georgia gets him a lifetime contract and a surrogate to deal with the press. Seriously in some ways I think Johnson is the Casey Stengel of football: rookies get you beat. And whatever else, he plays to win. That said if he let the season go by without taking advantage of that four-game gift, that is not in my good coaching.
Meh, I think he was coaching to win because he’s a competitive SOB and he hates to lose. No different than any other game.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
All of the coaching for his job discussions are misplaced. We started off 1 and 3 with self-inflicted mistakes. This team turned that around by now going 5 and 1. Look at the Louisville Motorcycle Rider who just got canned after losing 7 in a row. CPJ has kept this team focused and it's paying off with their play on the field.

For those interested in seeing the freshman play, petition the NCAA to bring back freshman football that was ended in 1976. Unless you're Earl Campbell, or someone of that ilk, putting a freshman on the field to play against seasoned grown a#* men is not a winning formula IMO. They will get their turn and learn during their RS season and be better for it as juniors and seniors.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Play them if we're in garbage time. If either game gets like VT or Louisville I don't see the harm in letting them get snaps since it doesn't matter anymore as far as redshirts go. We have issues keeping guys and maybe playing snaps might help keep them motivated.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Watch the VT film. He has the speed. We'll see about the arm, but no problem there from his high school films.

And, for Tech's sake, let's hope that I'm right and you're wrong.

Next game you attend, watch him in warmups, he can throw it! I can’t wait to watch him get some decent playing in the spring game

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Watch the VT film. He has the speed. We'll see about the arm, but no problem there from his high school films.

And, for Tech's sake, let's hope that I'm right and you're wrong.
Let's hope you're right and I'm shocked. Michael Vick had world class acceleration and a huge arm. I have yet to see another player, let alone a quarterback, with the speed and acceleration that Michael Vick had. I remember him at Virginia Tech sprinting to his right, throwing back to his left, across the field, and throwing a frozen rope. As a left-hander, that's the absolutely hardest throw to make. The announcers went bananas.

I'm not saying he's not going to be a great player, but Michael Vick is a pretty daunting comparison. How about someone like Woody Danzler?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
At his peak Vick was the greatest athlete to play football that I have ever seen in person. Supposed to have run a 4.2 40, but more importantly had that speed in pads. If he got open nobody was catching him. He also had a rocket launcher and he wasn't even left handed outside of football, his peewee coaches made him play lefty to even the playing field. He was chosen in the MLB draft while in college, he hasn't played baseball since the 8th grade. Graham might be athletic, but let's be real here.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
At his peak Vick was the greatest athlete to play football that I have ever seen in person. Supposed to have run a 4.2 40, but more importantly had that speed in pads. If he got open nobody was catching him. He also had a rocket launcher and he wasn't even left handed outside of football, his peewee coaches made him play lefty to even the playing field. He was chosen in the MLB draft while in college, he hasn't played baseball since the 8th grade. Graham might be athletic, but let's be real here.
I hope Graham can take a hit better than Ron Mexico(Michael Vick's alter ego)could;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, I wouldn't do this and I don't expect Coach to either. However, I was watching the re-run of Tech/VT last week and it suddenly struck me:

Graham is Michael Vick.

Same size, same speed, same throwing arm. All we have to do is get him up to the job. A series in the Ugag game might help do that, but, like I say, I wouldn't hold my breath.

You base this of a couple of plays in a game...none of which went for TDs? I hope he does play as good as Vick though.