Playing the Freshmen in the Remaining Games

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
With only three games plus a bowl game left in the season, what are the thoughts on CPJ playing all or most of the freshmen in the remaining games to develop, evaluate and get them game experience for next year's team?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Johnson is coaching for his job. No way he does this, regardless if it would be best for the program.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ's overriding issue with young players is you play if/when you can help us win. His other issue with young players is he is reluctant to burn a redshirt unless the player will get meaningful playing time.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
If I am following, I believe vthe intent is to take advy of the new rules allowing a freshman to play in four games and not loose their redshirt? This is an interesting idea, whose intent is to get the best players on the field with an expanded pool of talent...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Wait, he sacrificed everything? You mean he died? He was left completely penniless? Horribly disfigured?
Everything short of death/disfigurement, but I imagine their physical and possible mental health are likely impacted significantly.

All of which is totally beside the point but I gather you knew that the whole time. Exaggeration aside, my point stands.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need to play the next two games with an "all hands on deck" approach. Winning is the goal, plain and simple. If that means a frosh needs to contribute meaningful snaps, then he should. The only caveat would be preserving a RS if a kid has already played a game or two and the gap between he and the next guy isn't much. No social experiments allowed.

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
If I am following, I believe vthe intent is to take advy of the new rules allowing a freshman to play in four games and not loose their redshirt? This is an interesting idea, whose intent is to get the best players on the field with an expanded pool of talent...

Thank you. Yes this was the intent, since you can now play in up to 4 games and not lose your red shirt. I am not suggesting throwing/tanking games.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If Graham is as good of a passer as we have heard, I would like to see a package for him vs UGA. We have everything to win and nothing to lose in that game. Save him unless needed for UVA, then give him a series for UGA.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If Graham is as good of a passer as we have heard, I would like to see a package for him vs UGA. We have everything to win and nothing to lose in that game. Save him unless needed for UVA, then give him a series for UGA.
Well, I wouldn't do this and I don't expect Coach to either. However, I was watching the re-run of Tech/VT last week and it suddenly struck me:

Graham is Michael Vick.

Same size, same speed, same throwing arm. All we have to do is get him up to the job. A series in the Ugag game might help do that, but, like I say, I wouldn't hold my breath.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, I wouldn't do this and I don't expect Coach to either. However, I was watching the re-run of Tech/VT last week and it suddenly struck me:

Graham is Michael Vick.

Same size, same speed, same throwing arm. All we have to do is get him up to the job. A series in the Ugag game might help do that, but, like I say, I wouldn't hold my breath.
I would be absolutely shocked if Graham had the same speed or arm strength as Michael Vick.