Players Suspended

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
From Kelly Q

Paul Johnson announces that KirVonte Benson, Charlie Thomas and Quez Jackson are suspended for one quarter for Alcorn. Jordan Mason will start at B-back

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Never a positive to see players suspended any length of time but I’m excited to see what Mason can do! We keep hearing that he’s a good athlete.

Just curious, what has Jerry Howard done that makes everyone so high on him? I like him, just not blown away, yet.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Never a positive to see players suspended any length of time but I’m excited to see what Mason can do! We keep hearing that he’s a good athlete.

Just curious, what has Jerry Howard done that makes everyone so high on him? I like him, just not blown away, yet.
He had shown flashes in scrimmages and limited game time. Also, right after arriving on campus last year, CPJ called him “tailor made for what we do.” You never know when he’s just trying to motivate the guys at the top of the depth chart, but that is strong praise.

It’s crazy to think that Marcus Marshall and Dedrick Mills could still be here when we’re feeling pretty good about the 3 guys we still have.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
From Kelly Q

Paul Johnson announces that KirVonte Benson, Charlie Thomas and Quez Jackson are suspended for one quarter for Alcorn. Jordan Mason will start at B-back
One of those may have more problems during the season if he doesn’t change his ways. That’s all I’ll say about it.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

He looks the part but still has a lot to prove. In excited to see Mason as well. Howard may turn out to be a great player but I don't see anything that makes you say wow. Like Dedricks power or M. Marshall speed.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Howard is a freak of nature. Kid can be an absolute monster for us.

But why do you say he’s a monster? I think he looks the part but does he run like one? With the same amount of carries Dedric, Marcus Marshall, and KirVonte had already shown more all around running ability. And while I think they were/are all good backs for us, I wouldn’t say they were/are hands down incredible backs.

I realize not believing Howard is a monster isn’t a popular answer on here because I’ve seen people gush over him a lot. But I’m still waiting to actually see something. In fact I view Mason moving ahead of him as a huge positive.

Deleted member 2897

KB is only going to get 130 yards now that he has to play in a shortened game.