Player suspensions

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
To think this all started over someone having hard feelings about not getting a t-shirt on Pastner's birthday. Seems like it should be a plot to a sitcom episode. Only at Georgia Tech.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
To think this all started over someone having hard feelings about not getting a t-shirt on Pastner's birthday. Seems like it should be a plot to a sitcom episode. Only at Georgia Tech.

Whole thing sucks and has put a dark cloud over the program. Just doesn't feel like things are going to magically be cleared up anytime soon. Pastner really messed up

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Whole thing sucks and has put a dark cloud over the program. Just doesn't feel like things are going to magically be cleared up anytime soon. Pastner really messed up
Unfortunately, that's the truth. I know Pastner's intentions were good, and they have a history, but you can't let someone in your personal life get this close to the program, regardless of who they are. If this guy would have a meltdown over something as small as a t-shirt controversy, I have to believe he's had moments in the past that gave off warning signs.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I just got a message from someone that this guy is threatening to sue people who are harassing him, posting his picture around, etc. my recommendation is that he is crazy - let law enforcement handle him and keep yourself safe. Delete any tweets to him, etc. let's ignore him as far as personal interaction goes.

Yes I got the message on twitter as well from someone who is being threatened to be sued.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
If you’re the NCAA doesn’t logic dictate that this is a shady action from a shady guy?

“I offered these kids a pair of customized shoes and they took them so I gave you guys a call”

It seems stupid to me. Throw em in a barrel and burn the ****ing things, ban this jackleg from campus and lets get on with our day.

You're assuming the NCAA is logical...

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
So if Ron really did purposefully give players stuff knowing he would report it, can't he be prosecuted under that GA law that was passed recently? Trying to find the name
One would think so if the "gift" was given in Ga. Also, given the harassing phone calls to GT staff and veiled twitter threats, I think GTAA is well within bounds to request a restraining order against this cat. The GA law you reference was actually and amendment to the existing law, which didn't have a lot of teeth behind it IIRC. The existing law was a misdemeanor with penalty options of fines and or community service. I think the amendment added a jail time option.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how it would apply across states, but most states have an anti-bullying law. I'm sure whoever the guy is reads this messageboard, and there is clearly posts from fonts saying to go to this guy's twitter and leave "comments". That could be viewed as bullying, and could cause some people to have to "lawyer up" and answer questions even if you don't think it amounts to bullying. I'm not defending anyone, just pointing out things that can keep some of you from being inconvenienced from people who want to make life miserable for everyone. It could also cause trouble for mods on this board for "organizing" what he would view as bullying by not deleting the comments about giving certain people a hard time on social media.

IMO, it's just better not back a desperate person into a corner and leave well enough alone. Desperate people do desperate things. I think it's best to let GT and the NCAA handle this, and let's not go over to social media trying take our frustrations about our players suspensions on "that guy".

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The dude's a junkie. Don't see how he would have any credibility in court. We do need to just ignore him though. He's desperate for attention and clearly has some mental health issues that he needs to get help for.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The dude's a junkie. Don't see how he would have any credibility in court. We do need to just ignore him though. He's desperate for attention and clearly has some mental health issues that he needs to get help for.

This is America...anyone can sue anyone for any reason. Doesn't mean it will hold up in court, but it still means you have to deal with it and it's still a hassle.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
These kids know the rules. Why did they fall for this.
Not defending their actions, because they knew the rules and broke them. However, this Ron Bell clown had been around the team the entire year and they probably knew he was close to Pastner. Thought they could trust him. They were wrong, and they're paying for it, as is the rest of the team. Tough life lesson.

Malpharetta04

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm sure deleting them won't do any good. The guy probably screenshot them off his phone. He seems like the type. Unless there were personal or physical threats he can't sue. Telling him he's an idiot or to go f himself won't hold up.
Exactly. If everyone who was called a name on the internet felt they had the legal right to sue, the courts would be backed up for decades.
As long as you do not issue threats, either explicitly or veiled, he can't do anything.