Pittsburgh Postgame

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Im willing to bet $100 that there wouldve been "CPJ sucks with his predictable play calls" if we ran the toss on 4th n 1"

Probably so. But even CPJ said he would have called another play if he had it to do all over. He didn't go with what was working all game (except for the aforementioned sweep for a loss).

Regardless of why/how we are losing games, I think CPJ's time on the flats is growing short. I don't think we are much improved from last year. I really don't want to go through a coaching change, but I feel like a change is coming.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Probably so. But even CPJ said he would have called another play if he had it to do all over. He didn't go with what was working all game (except for the aforementioned sweep for a loss).

Regardless of why/how we are losing games, I think CPJ's time on the flats is growing short. I don't think we are much improved from last year. I really don't want to go through a coaching change, but I feel like a change is coming.
We are losing games because of stupid mental errors. Take away JT and we essentially are loaded with Freshmen and Sophomores. I'm growing short right now too but I'd like to see what CPJ can do next year. JT is playing at a bad time in Tech football. Everything happening right now was basically predicted prior to 2014 when we lost essentially an entire recruiting class. 2014 just upped our expectations.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I think A change is need as well but not any of the names of the coaches we clamor for. We are too pure for some of my coaches I believe would transition us

jeffgt14

blatant hold on the corey griffen tipped pass that turned into a TD.. shame on refs for missing this huge call

It happens all the time on Freeman. His problem is he gets held and basically stops going after the QB because of the hold. If he tries to play through and fight to the QB, he'll turn the tackle more and the hold will get called.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
It would never happen but. Can you imagine the chess matches we could play with a CPJ and bud foster (or a similar dc) combo at the helm????

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
We are losing games because of stupid mental errors. Take away JT and we essentially are loaded with Freshmen and Sophomores. I'm growing short right now too but I'd like to see what CPJ can do next year. JT is playing at a bad time in Tech football. Everything happening right now was basically predicted prior to 2014 when we lost essentially an entire recruiting class. 2014 just upped our expectations.

I essential agree. But the disastrous 2013 class is his responsibility - and ultimately it will probably be his undoing. I think we might actually be decent in 2018, but we are going to start from scratch at the QB position next year, so I don't see us improving much. MJ has been in the system long enough, but he doesn't have enough meaningful snaps. Some on this board feel as though Taquan can't throw the ball well enough to be the starter.

In any case I can't see us improving enough between this season and next season for CPJ to keep his job.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I thought the Pitt's lineplay on both sides of the ball was better, and better by more than the score indicated.

That they stopped us mano a mano on fourth down was evidence of that. Pitt was pretty bone-headed not to run the ball to close out the first half.

I thought we did a good job hanging around, played hard, and almost snuck out of there with a win. Just came down to their DL being strong up the middle.

It's going to be even tougher next year with a virtually untested, if not totally new, QB running the offense.

jeffgt14

FWIW I think MJ can run the offense fine. I don't think he can make the several throws every year that JT makes to win games.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I essential agree. But the disastrous 2013 class is his responsibility - and ultimately it will probably be his undoing. I think we might actually be decent in 2018, but we are going to start from scratch at the QB position next year, so I don't see us improving much. MJ has been in the system long enough, but he doesn't have enough meaningful snaps. Some on this board feel as though Taquan can't throw the ball well enough to be the starter.

In any case I can't see us improving enough between this season and next season for CPJ to keep his job.
What did you all think when Goose was about to replace Lil' Joe? Not like Goose had a ton of snaps prior.