Pittsburgh Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We dropped a 4th down pass to end one offensive drive.

Our DBs are not making plays on the ball that are right in front of them. Missed a clear pick 6 and also tipped a ball for a TD.

Once again we failed to put together a complete game. O and ST did enough today despite a couple hiccups.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Sick of this crap. Offense finally started to click and today the D was asleep. Never can seem to have both sides clicking together. Then the o found a way to lose again. Just sick of this and I know coach is sick of it, but I'm really starting to lose faith that he can fix this

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
We lost a game that we should have won. Thanks to the defense. Our linebackers are terrible and the DBs are worse. One three and out. You can't win football games like that. Roof needs to get in their grill. You mean we don't have anyone better than 17 and 20 on pass defense? Just a poor performance all around for the defense. Looks like 7 and 5 or worse.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
That was a really disappointing defensive performance. Offense and special teams did their job for the most part.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Lets just face it, we don't have the playmakers on defense. Offense was good. This game is gonna hurt for the players. I just hope they don't check out. I hope CPJ hasn't lost his team.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it bad my first thought when we turned it over on downs was let them score so we have a chance?

I agree with going for it on 4th down, but didn't love the call. We killed them on the perimeter all day and #6 was eating our lunch inside all day. I would've tossed it to Lynch on the edge and taken my chances. I know it's easy to 2nd guess and that's not why we lost today, but we did have a chance to win the game.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We lost a game that we should have won. Thanks to the defense. Our linebackers are terrible and the DBs are worse. One three and out. You can't win football games like that. Roof needs to leave. You mean we don't have anyone better than 17 and 20 on pass defense? Just a poor performance all around for the defense. Looks like 7 and 5 or worse.

fify

the problem is ted folks. just have to look to see it.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Really need to run through Southern this week and go into the bye week 4-3. Hopefully with a week off our O-line can get healthy and we can pull out 2-3 games down the stretch.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense and ST still have some things to clean up. Defensively ... we are a wreck. Gave up an opening drive TD again.

Johnson going for it is an indictment of his lack of confidence in our D getting a stop. I don't have a problem with him going for it ... it's sick that we can't even get a yard.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Averaged 6.7 yards/play and scored on 6 of 9 drives (4 TD). O looked good today overall.

Defensively, we forced 1 punt. I am completely content with going for it on 4th down.

Blewitt can leave now, thanks.
Agree the way our defense is you have to go for it. The D lost this game 34 points should win a game. D can't tackle can"t put any pressure on the QB.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Antonio Simmons stood out again. As I said in chat, at this point it shouldn't matter whether he has missed assignments. We have guys in position who are still failing to make plays, let alone disrupting plays in the backfield.

I don't fault the 4th and 1 play call either. Mills behind tackle should be good for a yard, especially when Pitt does not run a blitz or extras to the line.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
If we fire Ted Roof who are we going to bring in? Our biggest problem is lack of funding. If we're going to get rid of Roof we need to bring in a 1st rate Defensive coordinator and we don't have the budget to do so. We need to figure out how to get money into the budget so we can actually have a staff on par with what we should have for a Division 1 program.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We played well enough to win and we didn't. I thought this game would end up like it did, but I hoped we would be the team kicking the FG late. In terms of production on O it was very like the Miami game, but the D didn't do much for us in the 4th quarter. Neither did the refs; the last spot was pretty unfavorable.

Well, nothing to do but keep on keeping on. We aren't playing badly; we just need to keep improving and things will be ok. I still think we get 7 - 8 wins, but it would be nice if the next time we tip a ball it doesn't go directly into the opposing receiver's hands.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I am 100% fine with the 4th down attempt. If we can't pick up 1 yard when we have to... same thing happened last year. @Lee , was honestly feeling the same way