Pitt Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jackets sweep!!!

...& Caps force a home game 7 with wins Sat & Mon over the Penguins.

I'm speechless.

Great night. Having been born in DC and lived in the area three times in my life, I feel your joy. A Caps win is good, to come back on the Penguins would be better.

Nice win, I had house guests so I couldn't listen but could watch. Last night Pitt helped us out with poor fielding. And we had no errors and at least two double plays and several other really nice defensive plays. So the defense is coming on, which is really nice to see.

With their three errors to our none, two of the runs were scored as unearned. And there was another run we got on a wild pitch in the first. I know it's the convention, but it seems that should be ruled an error. To add insult to Pitt, the pitch after the wild pitch was a strike-out pitch I believe. So we won with help. But damn it we won. All told Pitt gave us two unearned runs each game.

Pitching. Finally there may be the light coming on for Jake. I wrote over the weekend that he seemed to be getting better and he was last night. 74% strikes with 62 strikes in 84 pitches. Facing 25 batters, he got first pitch strikes on 20 of them (80%). Something to build on for next year!

Zac was good with 67% strikes, 4 Ks and no walks. He gave up 2 singles that were just nice hits in two innings.

With the sweep, it looks like we are tied for 9th place in the ACC with the Dookies. Anything can happen, but winning sure feels better in the morning than losing. And have a 48 RPI. Not to say this has anything to do with it, but we adopted a rescue dog last week and haven't lost since. We had to put down our previous dog last June and couldn't live without a dog. Life is better with a boxer (mix).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I'm proud of the boys, especially Lee and Ryan. Ryan just needs to stay away from over throwing and trust his stuff. Seems that Lee was giving a clinic to our pitchers in the dugout after he was taken out. Everyone was checking his grip.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm proud of the boys, especially Lee and Ryan. Ryan just needs to stay away from over throwing and trust his stuff. Seems that Lee was giving a clinic to our pitchers in the dugout after he was taken out. Everyone was checking his grip.
Lee was known for his control back in HS (obviously HS kids swing at worse pitches), so it was nice to see him exhibit that pinpoint control again last night. He has been one of the guys who has struggled with control the past two seasons (who hasn't, right???). Gibson has also improved his control tremendously over the last month---minus the first inning on Sunday and the VT inning when he came back after sitting for 90 minutes. He still gets behind hitters too much, but showed Sunday he has some really good stuff to work with.

Of course every time I start feeling better about things...