Pitt. @ G.T.(12:20 p.m.)

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Tech Clemson in 2014 was a noon kick, too. If I recall correctly, we were 8-2, and they were, as well. This isn't about Tech winning more. It's about the network(s) having deals with other conferences. I would expect it to change when the ACC Network launches, because they'll need programming for each window.

I don't have any issue with noon kicks after October 1, but September noon kicks are rough. But be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
As has been pointed out in the past, 1300 is a traditional time for kickoff for a college football game... Personally, I like a noon kick, particularly as the weather cools and the days shorten... It's a great way to get the day going...

Tech's home games were at 1:30. Only like one game in the whole nation was televised, so changing for TV was rare--maybe the Georgie game was on TV at night on Thanksgiving weekend.

I had chem lab from 9-12 on Saturday, calculus from 12-1. I had a half hour to get my Lyman Hall sulphur smelling clothes changed and get to the game.

Tech's home games were at 1:30. Only like one game in the whole nation was televised, so changing for TV was rare--maybe the Georgie game was on TV at night on Thanksgiving weekend.

I had chem lab from 9-12 on Saturday, calculus from 12-1. I had a half hour to get my Lyman Hall sulphur smelling clothes changed and get to the game.
Actually, in the 50s and 60s, kickoff was at 2PM

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
We can't lose to these jokers 3 years in a row. They had to beat Youngstown State in overtime.
If we do not beat Pitt, there's a problem. While their defense has shown that it can play on occasion, the offense is a joke. Max Browne/Ben Dinucci could be the worst QB that we face in ACC play. The defense really should be able to get some turnovers against them, and we all know what happens with Tech when they force turnovers.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If we do not beat Pitt, there's a problem. While their defense has shown that it can play on occasion, the offense is a joke. Max Browne/Ben Dinucci could be the worst QB that we face in ACC play. The defense really should be able to get some turnovers against them, and we all know what happens with Tech when they force turnovers.

Qadree Ollison is a hell of a RB...somehow Pitt has been able to recruit that position like crazy. We need to be careful against them or it could be a long game.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Qadree Ollison is a hell of a RB...somehow Pitt has been able to recruit that position like crazy. We need to be careful against them or it could be a long game.
Ollison does not look like the same RB that played in 15. The o line lost some key parts so overall the offense is floundering.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I'll be there. It'll probably be the only game I make it to this season. I was there in 15 when they killed us with that last second FG. And I painfully watched history repeat itself last year. Let's hope the boys pull it out. It'd be great for TM to ball out and the defense to be stout. But it is Georgia Tech so anything can happen lol

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ACC Network-Raycom
Ch. 69 in Atl.

Raycom is not a broadcast station here and I have to get another Sling package for the month. Oh well.

As to the time, that sucks for game watching parties. We don't even bother with noon to 1 PM games. 4 PM or evening are great. Since football is only entertainment, why can't it be more conveniently scheduled? (tic) (rhetorical) It's scheduled to maximize the value to the companies who pay $100Ms a year to the rights. (follow the money)

Atomic has us as 11 point favorites (75% chance to win). http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html