Pitt. @ G.T.(12:20 p.m.)

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Dang it. Some one in the AA. eeds to put their foot down and start asking for some later kicks for those of us that tailgate. This is year 3 in a row (maybe 4 I'll have to double check 2014 times) of lots of home noon or 12:30 kicks

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
As has been pointed out in the past, 1300 is a traditional time for kickoff for a college football game... Personally, I like a noon kick, particularly as the weather cools and the days shorten... It's a great way to get the day going...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The ACC makes the calls on kickoff times, right? Do they take 'requests' or input from the schools? I don' t know... but assume they primarily care about maximizing eyeballs watching on TV. Here is the ACC schedule for that weekend. Looking objectively, the Pitt @ Ga Tech game is not going to generate a ton of buzz (excuse the pun)... therefore, TV ratings. Surprised NC State at FSU isn't later in the day, though.

Saturday, September 23

NC State at Florida State, noon, ABC and/or ESPN2
Kent State at Louisville, noon, RSN
Pitt at Georgia Tech, 12:20 p.m., ACC Network
Old Dominion at Virginia Tech, 2 p.m., ACC Network Extra
Boston College at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN or ESPN2
Duke at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m., ESPNU
Toledo at Miami, 3:30 p.m., RSN

Wake Forest at Appalachian State, to be announced by Sun Belt later today
Syracuse at LSU, to be announced by the SEC later today

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The ACC makes the calls on kickoff times, right? Do they take 'requests' or input from the schools? I don' t know... but assume they primarily care about maximizing eyeballs watching on TV. Here is the ACC schedule for that weekend. Looking objectively, the Pitt @ Ga Tech game is not going to generate a ton of buzz (excuse the pun)... therefore, TV ratings. Surprised NC State at FSU isn't later in the day, though.

Saturday, September 23

NC State at Florida State, noon, ABC and/or ESPN2
Kent State at Louisville, noon, RSN
Pitt at Georgia Tech, 12:20 p.m., ACC Network
Old Dominion at Virginia Tech, 2 p.m., ACC Network Extra
Boston College at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN or ESPN2
Duke at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m., ESPNU
Toledo at Miami, 3:30 p.m., RSN

Wake Forest at Appalachian State, to be announced by Sun Belt later today
Syracuse at LSU, to be announced by the SEC later today
I wouldn't be shocked if Appalachian State beat Wake Forest.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't go a whole season without broiling in the sun. :rolleyes:

Toledo at Miami (FL) at 3:30 - how does this get a better slot than an actual ACC matchup?

Because Miami is a bigger market? It's the same slot as another AcC matchup as well with another team with a bigger market than Gt. I'm only surprised FSUs time slot isn't later given how FSu does in Raleigh should make that a closer game. Fwiw, were the third most exciting acc matchup that week and I think the time slot is fair. Rather underwhelming week tbh

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The ACC makes the calls on kickoff times, right? Do they take 'requests' or input from the schools?

I don't think it is the ACC. The networks/broadcasters have a picking order on the games. They then schedule the games when they think they will get the most viewers. The ACC Network always gets some of the lowest viewed games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it is the ACC. The networks/broadcasters have a picking order on the games. They then schedule the games when they think they will get the most viewers. The ACC Network always gets some of the lowest viewed games.
Ahh... that actually makes much more sense. Thank you. Sort of like the bowl game "draft". :)