Pitt favored by 8 points

Jmonty71

Banned
With Roof over our "D", I'm not shocked. Sorry.. It's true. His dinosaur of a system is known throughout the betting world. It's rare that GT shuts any team down. We had a great game against FSU last year and that was really it.

Anyone that has a brain has seen that our 3 wins are against inept offense and a FCS school. If we play any team with a quality offense, we're in trouble. Count UNC as a loss, and UGA isn't promising. Eason actually looks decent. UGA has O line issues, but with our D issues, it won't matter.

Pitt has proven they can score some points. They gave OK State a run for their money. They barely lost to UNC. Issues is, our offense can't score 30+ points a game. Not sure what's up with CPJ's system, but between the sputtering offense and that crap thing called a defense, it's hard to win games.

I'll leave with this. Pitt has a great running back. By far the best we'll see this season. Can Roof stop him? Can Roof go away from playing his DB's 10 yard off the line to prevent the quick slants and screens? From what I've seen so far, Roof doesn't have the common sense god promised a billy goat. So, my guess is no.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your first two comments but am having a hard time agreeing with the bolded. I don't know if this is how it generally shakes out, though I'm far from an expert.

The last two weeks the late money (i.e., day before/day of) moved heavily toward Clemson and Miami. To me that's most telling.

As of now the line is at 7. Not much to read into yet, imo.

Clemson and miami may have not been sucker lines

Vegas tries to sink u on certain picks

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
GT has never thrown in the towel under CPJ, that's one thing you can never take away from his teams, they fight hard to the end.

This is something I do agree with and appreciate. I may (and do) find far;t in this or that aspect of the coaching, but I do think you have to give this staff great credit..the team last year never gave up, the team in 2014 never gave up...the team this year has never given up. Kudos where it is due!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So you felt after we forced them into two consecutive three and outs on defense, and pulled to within a TD on offense that we had no chance in the game and we weren't in it? I certainly didn't feel that way. I would guess most Tech fans and all of the players felt some optimism at that point.

Yeah, I felt some optimism. Like a 1 in 4 to 1 in 8 chance of winning. Sorry, but when a team is behind it is usually for a good reason. I watched to the end and was hoping we'd find a way to force overtime. But you can find hope between hell and hosed in the dictionary.

But you can find 100 games like where we were and the vast majority will end up with the team behind losing.

Just savor this one even more. It is worth framing. I bet you could watch another 500 games and wouldn't see this again. http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869013

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitt is salivating.

Afraid our guys are approaching a comatose state from CPJ's monotone, noninspiring tutorials about missed assignments. DDSS.

The GT job is tough and requires an inspirational, innovative, adaptive, outside the box dynamo for a coach.

For a coach to see an OL literally rolling on the turf & the D player literally hopping over him and make a tackle - folks that is not missing an assignment.
I would rather have a guy who knows football, can coach, and has a track record of success than a motivational speaker. Sorry, that's just me. CPJ has been just as successful if not more than any of our coaches in the past 25 years. He's gotten this success with the BC level recruits (which I'm sorry if you don't believe this, but tech had been limited to this for a while unless you bring in a Nick Satan). You band wagoner make me sick. Two loses, one to a national title contender, and a close one to the lucky and fortunate U, and suddenly the season is over. I thought overall, tech played a good game against Miami. They moved the ball well and the defense again held fine against a potent and talent ridden offense. It wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but do you guys really believe Chan would have done better. Recruiting is in the up tick now, but there's still a lag, and with the current level of recruits, do you think O'Leary would have done better? Let's not kid ourselves, CPJ is an ultimate competitor and has proven he can have success. He needs more recruits like Justin Thomas, AJ Gray, and Derrick Mills, which seems to be happening on a more regular basis. Remember frank beamer also struggled lots at VT before finding some sustained success. I think CPJ is on the cusp of something special at GT. I also think there is lots left to play for this season. Everything is still on the table. Patience guys, and band wagoner, like yourself, please go away.

I would rather have a guy who knows football, can coach, and has a track record of success than a motivational speaker. Sorry, that's just me. CPJ has been just as successful if not more than any of our coaches in the past 25 years. He's gotten this success with the BC level recruits (which I'm sorry if you don't believe this, but tech had been limited to this for a while unless you bring in a Nick Satan). You band wagoner make me sick. Two loses, one to a national title contender, and a close one to the lucky and fortunate U, and suddenly the season is over. I thought overall, tech played a good game against Miami. They moved the ball well and the defense again held fine against a potent and talent ridden offense. It wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but do you guys really believe Chan would have done better. Recruiting is in the up tick now, but there's still a lag, and with the current level of recruits, do you think O'Leary would have done better? Let's not kid ourselves, CPJ is an ultimate competitor and has proven he can have success. He needs more recruits like Justin Thomas, AJ Gray, and Derrick Mills, which seems to be happening on a more regular basis. Remember frank beamer also struggled lots at VT before finding some sustained success. I think CPJ is on the cusp of something special at GT. I also think there is lots left to play for this season. Everything is still on the table. Patience guys, and band wagoner, like yourself, please go away.
If I remember correctly, it took Beamer 10 years to come into his own.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
If I remember correctly, it took Beamer 10 years to come into his own.
Part of me hopes that LSU Comes back to Johnson, because imagine trying to stop his team with that type of talent! I love our guys, but the fact is there is a talent discrepancy at Tech, mostly out of the coaching staffs hands. Charles Kelley is a prime example. While at Tech, he brought in a couple of for four stars, but many were 2 and 3 (that panned out to be 2 and 3s), he goes to Florida state and I believe he right away pulls in a five star d lineman. There's a reason for that. All that said, I do think recruiting is really getting lots better, but I hate all these bands wagoners that don't truly appreciate what CPJ has done for Tech and the success he's setting us up for.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Depends on your definition of "in it". Yes we had a chance to win, at most a ~16% chance in the second half. But given our inability to stop UM, it was not much being down a score and UM getting the ball.

ESPN has a neat chart during (and after the games) on the left hand side that shows the probability of a team winning ..... here http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869721

During chat I said the game was over when after the second fumble. That statement was beer aided and not correct; the game was only ~97% over.

That neat little chart has very little to do with teams being in a game or not. The point spread and time remaining sure, but that's just as easily figured with common sense. How accurate was that chart in the Clemson game? How accurate, and how many times did it flip, with huge percentages, in the last 3 minutes of the mutts game? Each team in that one probably had 95% or better chance to win twice each during that span.

Part of me hopes that LSU Comes back to Johnson, because imagine trying to stop his team with that type of talent! I love our guys, but the fact is there is a talent discrepancy at Tech, mostly out of the coaching staffs hands. Charles Kelley is a prime example. While at Tech, he brought in a couple of for four stars, but many were 2 and 3 (that panned out to be 2 and 3s), he goes to Florida state and I believe he right away pulls in a five star d lineman. There's a reason for that. All that said, I do think recruiting is really getting lots better, but I hate all these bands wagoners that don't truly appreciate what CPJ has done for Tech and the success he's setting us up for.
Kelley's FSU defense hasn't looked too good the past few weeks, has it?

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
They were #10 ypp allowed last year, #15 vs pwr5. They were #6 ppd v pwr5 allowed.
What happened against Oregon? Clemson last year? Houston last year?
I hate cherry picking stats, so I'll just say so you honestly not see a difference in their defense from when the last two DCS were there to now? Talent alone will get you up in the stats, talent and good coaching produces defenses that won them their last title.