Petition: Use Gold as a Primary Color

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I frankly don't care whether you "get it" or not. You're free to your opinion, but the fact remains that White and Gold have ALWAYS been the Georgia Tech brand, and it's unnecessary and stupid to mess with it. And blue pants or all blue uniforms isn't just messing with it; it's throwing it out the window.
Just had to check in and see what been happening in this thread. Still think it’s cute that you think the average fan sees white and gold and thinks Tech. MAYBE in GA but certainly not nationally. The GT is what does it.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
And we know that you know. Glad that is settled
I know he has me blocked.. I just want to point out how ridiculous it is to continue saying the same thing continuously/non-stop in multiple threads. I’ve quoted only a few of his responses in the 8 pages of this thread (which doesn’t include the 33 pages of the color debate thread.) showing how often he says the same exact thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN. So when he repeats himself I quote him and say: “We know (insert irrelevant opinion here)”.

If you’re annoyed by my responses then there’s no way in hell your not annoyed by his.. I’ve even included pictures (FACTS) proving him wrong earlier in this thread lol.. but he continues to spout what he thinks is right (OPINION). I agree the white and gold should be our primary colors but seriously.. we’ve worn blue many times in our long history..... He’s beating a dead horse.

Just had to check in and see what been happening in this thread. Still think it’s cute that you think the average fan sees white and gold and thinks Tech. MAYBE in GA but certainly not nationally. The GT is what does it.
That may be the case in some instances now, but in the 50s, Tech was totally identified by the white and gold uniforms, and there was, as far as I have been able to determine, no variation in that whatsoever. Remember, Tech didn't even have the GT in the 50s or even 60s, it was a large gold T on a white background, for example Marilyn Monroe's white sweater with the gold T on it. that was famously on the cover of Look Magazine. Things like that define traditions, and blue is not a part of it. If fans across the country don't identify Tech today because of the white and gold, then that is Tech's fault.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
That may be the case in some instances now, but in the 50s, Tech was totally identified by the white and gold uniforms, and there was, as far as I have been able to determine, no variation in that whatsoever. Remember, Tech didn't even have the GT in the 50s or even 60s, it was a large gold T on a white background, for example Marilyn Monroe's white sweater with the gold T on it. that was famously on the cover of Look Magazine. Things like that define traditions, and blue is not a part of it. If fans across the country don't identify Tech today because of the white and gold, then that is Tech's fault.
We know that you believe there was no variation.. but... False

D1953264-7A69-4752-8938-39F3D8BE7FB8.jpeg

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
We’ve never been the only team that wears white and gold is my point. Even if we wear white and gold exclusively from here on in every sport we will still not be the only team in white and gold. Personally I don’t care for the blue but don’t care that much as long as the GT is prominent.

We’ve never been the only team that wears white and gold is my point. Even if we wear white and gold exclusively from here on in every sport we will still not be the only team in white and gold. Personally I don’t care for the blue but don’t care that much as long as the GT is prominent.
Other teams may wear various combinations which include white and gold, but Tech is the ONLY FBS school whose primary colors are white and gold. The other schools who wear white and/or gold on occasion have one of them as a primary or regular secondary color, but they didn't just pull up a color palette and choose a color that has nothing whatsoever to do with their tradition. And that is what Tech for some reason has done with blue, regardless of how long ago that may first have happened.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Other teams may wear various combinations which include white and gold, but Tech is the ONLY FBS school whose primary colors are white and gold. The other schools who wear white and/or gold on occasion have one of them as a primary or regular secondary color, but they didn't just pull up a color palette and choose a color that has nothing whatsoever to do with their tradition. And that is what Tech for some reason has done with blue, regardless of how long ago that may first have happened.
I suppose my response to that is “so what”. Do we get a prize for only wearing white and gold? Just don’t see an issue as long as they are primary, and they are, even if we occasionally wear something else.

I suppose my response to that is “so what”. Do we get a prize for only wearing white and gold? Just don’t see an issue as long as they are primary, and they are, even if we occasionally wear something else.
I can deal with "occasionally", though I don't like it, but it has become much more than occasional with the women's teams and men's baseball, and until last year, Tech had NEVER worn blue pants or all blue uniforms in football. "Occasional" has recently become frequent, and I'm sorry, but there is just no good reason for that.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I can deal with "occasionally", though I don't like it, but it has become much more than occasional with the women's teams and men's baseball, and until last year, Tech had NEVER worn blue pants or all blue uniforms in football. "Occasional" has recently become frequent, and I'm sorry, but there is just no good reason for that.
How long have our women’s sports teams been around? Do they have a history of wearing just white and gold? You’re comparing apples to potatoes

The kids on the team only have a few options to choose from. Give them more and better gold and white options, and they might choose those.
The ironic thing about the Citrus Bowl was that Ross said afterwards how stunned he was to see all the gold in the stands. Just a shame the team wasn't wearing gold too, because there might not be any discussion at all about blue now if they had been.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been on these forums for a while, but this is my first post. For whatever reason, these gold/color debates always intrigue me. However, I’ve noticed that your sole argument is the “Tech is the only school with white and gold as primary colors.” I believe that just because those are the two colors you designate as primary, doesn’t make them unique. Any school that has gold as one of its colors has worn white and gold for their fair share of games, and probably the vast majority of their road games. Just because you claim 2 colors as primary doesn’t mean you own those 2 colors. Almost every team in every sport, amateur or professional, uses white as the main color for at least one of its uniforms. White is not unique, no matter how hard you try, and claiming it is solely because you designate it as a primary color does nothing. Florida State, Notre Dame, Vandy, UCLA, Pitt, Wake, Boston College, Navy, UCF, etc. all wear white and gold, and regardless of Tech being the only one that claims white and gold as their primary colors, it doesn’t make it any more unique.

I agree that Tech should utilize gold more within its palette, and that the gold that was chosen for “Tech Gold” is probably too light and washed out of a color. But your insistence that designating 2 colors as primary has any impact on how people see you is just wrong. I bet you didn’t know that Oklahoma’s official primary colors are Crimson and Cream did you? Because they wear crimson and white, and have only recently been wearing football uniforms with any cream in them at all. You also insist that no Tech team should ever wear a color other than white or gold, guess what, the baseball and softball teams play 3-5 games a week, and have to wear 3-5 different jerseys solely for laundry logistics. Plus, the standard for road games in those 2 sports is gray as the primary color. Last time I checked gold and gray don’t exactly match.

I guess I’m done with my semi rant, but I’ve just seen so many comments on these threads and I had to throw my two cents in. I’m sure some will still disagree but oh well. I feel better about it now.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As always, I think White & Gold should predominate our unis.

The only exception is a rule that would force us to do otherwise, such as the 90's unis. (And even then I am glad we wore G/B/W - bright and unique look.)

All that being said, I don't understand the angst over blue vs black as a third color.

To me just pick one GTAA. Stick with it. Most importantly - make sure ALL our teams use the same 3rd color. Branding.

And I think we actually can capitalize on the interlocking GT more than we do.

All this makes me wonder about Colorado and if they have these discussions. I believe their 2 colors are actually Silver and Gold! Yikes.

Natehosch

Georgia Tech Fan
The white jerseys always look the best. The Gold jerseys are ok... but the blues look good as long as the numbers are White, the pants are white and the helments are gold. But tbh as long as we win we can wear pink for all i care. Tech and Stansbury are doing the right thing. They've picked 3 colors and they are going with it. As far as what the alumni/fan wants, if you dont like the blue dont wear it.

I’ve been on these forums for a while, but this is my first post. For whatever reason, these gold/color debates always intrigue me. However, I’ve noticed that your sole argument is the “Tech is the only school with white and gold as primary colors.” I believe that just because those are the two colors you designate as primary, doesn’t make them unique. Any school that has gold as one of its colors has worn white and gold for their fair share of games, and probably the vast majority of their road games. Just because you claim 2 colors as primary doesn’t mean you own those 2 colors. Almost every team in every sport, amateur or professional, uses white as the main color for at least one of its uniforms. White is not unique, no matter how hard you try, and claiming it is solely because you designate it as a primary color does nothing. Florida State, Notre Dame, Vandy, UCLA, Pitt, Wake, Boston College, Navy, UCF, etc. all wear white and gold, and regardless of Tech being the only one that claims white and gold as their primary colors, it doesn’t make it any more unique.

I agree that Tech should utilize gold more within its palette, and that the gold that was chosen for “Tech Gold” is probably too light and washed out of a color. But your insistence that designating 2 colors as primary has any impact on how people see you is just wrong. I bet you didn’t know that Oklahoma’s official primary colors are Crimson and Cream did you? Because they wear crimson and white, and have only recently been wearing football uniforms with any cream in them at all. You also insist that no Tech team should ever wear a color other than white or gold, guess what, the baseball and softball teams play 3-5 games a week, and have to wear 3-5 different jerseys solely for laundry logistics. Plus, the standard for road games in those 2 sports is gray as the primary color. Last time I checked gold and gray don’t exactly match.

I guess I’m done with my semi rant, but I’ve just seen so many comments on these threads and I had to throw my two cents in. I’m sure some will still disagree but oh well. I feel better about it now.
I'm not the one who designated White and Gold as Tech's PRIMARY colors. TStan did it as recently as 12 months ago, and prior to that, those two colors have ALWAYS been Tech's PRIMARY colors.

The white jerseys always look the best. The Gold jerseys are ok... but the blues look good as long as the numbers are White, the pants are white and the helments are gold. But tbh as long as we win we can wear pink for all i care. Tech and Stansbury are doing the right thing. They've picked 3 colors and they are going with it. As far as what the alumni/fan wants, if you dont like the blue dont wear it.
I repeat, TStand named White and Gold as our PRIMARY colors; blue is a SECONDARY one, and before last year, it was a TERTIARY color.