Petition: Use Gold as a Primary Color

crazy4GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Tech fans will argue anything. White for home games. Gold for home games. Blue for home games. Is it really that important? Just win the right way. THWG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech fans will argue anything. White for home games. Gold for home games. Blue for home games. Is it really that important? Just win the right way. THWG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I think it's important, since Tech's PRIMARY colors are White and Gold. Anything other than that is simply not Georgia Tech IMO. It may be Ga Southern, or Pitt, or UVA, or ND, or Navy, or quite a few other schools, but it's not Tech.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When we win games, I want EVERYBODY to look at the winning team and immediately say, "That's Georgia Tech," and now "Hmm, who is that team in blue?"
NO ONE will ask who that team is when they see the interlocking GT on the helmet. We could wear any combination of colors and that wouldn't matter. Nothing else matters. The only thing that matters is winning. PERIOD.

You guys that continuously ***** about the use of navy need to move on. We have a very consistent color scheme. We've been using white, gold and navy consistently for 32 years now. Think about that for a minute. The same color scheme for THIRTY TWO years. That means that all college football fans aged 40 and below have probably never seen Georgia Tech in anything other than white, gold, and NAVY. They associate GT with white, gold, and navy. We used black for a while before that, but historically, our dark contrasting color has always been navy, going back to the original colors in 1893.

You don't like navy. Fine. EVERYONE on this board knows that. You're not going to convince anyone on this site that likes navy to stop liking it. You're not going to affect the GTAA by continuously harping on it here. Take your crusade to the Athletic Association, not this board. Just stop already.

NO ONE will ask who that team is when they see the interlocking GT on the helmet. We could wear any combination of colors and that wouldn't matter. Nothing else matters. The only thing that matters is winning. PERIOD.

You guys that continuously ***** about the use of navy need to move on. We have a very consistent color scheme. We've been using white, gold and navy consistently for 32 years now. Think about that for a minute. The same color scheme for THIRTY TWO years. That means that all college football fans aged 40 and below have probably never seen Georgia Tech in anything other than white, gold, and NAVY. They associate GT with white, gold, and navy. We used black for a while before that, but historically, our dark contrasting color has always been navy, going back to the original colors in 1893.

You don't like navy. Fine. EVERYONE on this board knows that. You're not going to convince anyone on this site that likes navy to stop liking it. You're not going to affect the GTAA by continuously harping on it here. Take your crusade to the Athletic Association, not this board. Just stop already.
The infrequent use of blue JERSEYS over the past 32 years is not the sign of consistency. The only regular use of blue jerseys was during the time period in which the NCAA mandated that home teams had to wear dark jerseys (STUPID RULE!!!). In all the years I attended Tech football games between 1962 and that particular time, I NEVER saw blue on a Tech uniform in any form. The trim was BLACK, as it had been since at least the 40s. As far as having used blue since 1893, I assume you are referring to that article from some publication back then that mentioned blue. The problem there is that the article CLEARLY stated that blue was a CLASS color, not the school color. All classes back in that time had separate colors, mascots, mottos, etc. In fact, if you look at the small article "class" has been highlighted by whoever posted it. So no, blue has NOT always been our contrasting color; the colors were white and gold with black trim. Yes, both Dodd and Alexander sometimes used blue jerseys, but that didn't change the general color scheme. Regardless of that, however, ALL we ever saw before last year was blue jerseys .... NEVER blue pants and certainly never all blue uniforms, except in basketball since Cremins started it. As far as what a random fan sees when he watches us play, he MIGHT see the interlocking GT, he MIGHT see the Wreck, he MIGHT see Buzz, but he DEFINITELY sees the uniforms, and since Tech is the only FBS school in the country whose primary colors are white and gold, that SHOULD be the immediate indetifying mark. Why do you insist on looking like Ga Southern, Pitt, UVA, Navy, ete, etc, when we have a UNIQUE brand?

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, I think it's important, since Tech's PRIMARY colors are White and Gold. Anything other than that is simply not Georgia Tech IMO. It may be Ga Southern, or Pitt, or UVA, or ND, or Navy, or quite a few other schools, but it's not Tech.
We know Techs primary colors are white and gold and that in your eyes we look like Pitt, UVA, ND.

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
Lol wtf is wrong with you dude? If anyone is throwing a temper tantrum it's gotta be you veiled in a mirage of superiority and apathy to effort. I simply took action to help fix an issue. It's a huge fundamental piece of how American society works - when there is an issue somewhere you either vote, use your voice in the media, or create a petition to incite change.

There is a simple but glaring issue with GT athletics that is hindering it's ability to be an elite brand. It can be easily fixed, so let's make that clear to the GTAA. I could care less about any glory from creating a petition. I just want the problem fixed so GT Athletics can be a stronger brand which encourages more people to become fans and more recruits to want to come to its programs.

What's wrong with me? I'm easily amused. Your arrogant naivete brings me great amusement. You're patting yourself on the back for taking meaningless, completely ineffectual action for a "glaring issue" which is really just your opinion. It's funny in a kind of sad, endearing sort of way. Good luck with your petition. I'm sure we'll be seeing uniforms changed any day now based on your identification of this grevious concern and the forceful weight of your righteous petition!

What's wrong with me? I'm easily amused. Your arrogant naivete brings me great amusement. You're patting yourself on the back for taking meaningless, completely ineffectual action for a "glaring issue" which is really just your opinion. It's funny in a kind of sad, endearing sort of way. Good luck with your petition. I'm sure we'll be seeing uniforms changed any day now based on your identification of this grevious concern and the forceful weight of your righteous petition!
Unfortunately, we probably won't see any changes, but it's well past time for those who want to keep the traditions of the school alive and to the forefront, as opposed to screwing things up with some absurd desire to look like countless other teams in the country to make our opinions known. TStan apparently doesn't give a damn, since he attempted to justify the use of blue, at least in part, through that bogus 1893 article about class colors. Whether he responds favorably or not, the important thing is that he know there is a sizable (yes, sizable) contingent of fans who want to stick with white and gold.

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
The infrequent use of blue JERSEYS over the past 32 years is not the sign of consistency. The only regular use of blue jerseys was during the time period in which the NCAA mandated that home teams had to wear dark jerseys (STUPID RULE!!!). In all the years I attended Tech football games between 1962 and that particular time, I NEVER saw blue on a Tech uniform in any form. The trim was BLACK, as it had been since at least the 40s. As far as having used blue since 1893, I assume you are referring to that article from some publication back then that mentioned blue. The problem there is that the article CLEARLY stated that blue was a CLASS color, not the school color. All classes back in that time had separate colors, mascots, mottos, etc. In fact, if you look at the small article "class" has been highlighted by whoever posted it. So no, blue has NOT always been our contrasting color; the colors were white and gold with black trim. Yes, both Dodd and Alexander sometimes used blue jerseys, but that didn't change the general color scheme. Regardless of that, however, ALL we ever saw before last year was blue jerseys .... NEVER blue pants and certainly never all blue uniforms, except in basketball since Cremins started it. As far as what a random fan sees when he watches us play, he MIGHT see the interlocking GT, he MIGHT see the Wreck, he MIGHT see Buzz, but he DEFINITELY sees the uniforms, and since Tech is the only FBS school in the country whose primary colors are white and gold, that SHOULD be the immediate indetifying mark. Why do you insist on looking like Ga Southern, Pitt, UVA, Navy, ete, etc, when we have a UNIQUE brand?
Oh, noooowwwwww I get it.....nope, no I don't.

Oh, noooowwwwww I get it.....nope, no I don't.
I frankly don't care whether you "get it" or not. You're free to your opinion, but the fact remains that White and Gold have ALWAYS been the Georgia Tech brand, and it's unnecessary and stupid to mess with it. And blue pants or all blue uniforms isn't just messing with it; it's throwing it out the window.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Unfortunately, we probably won't see any changes, but it's well past time for those who want to keep the traditions of the school alive and to the forefront, as opposed to screwing things up with some absurd desire to look like countless other teams in the country to make our opinions known. TStan apparently doesn't give a damn, since he attempted to justify the use of blue, at least in part, through that bogus 1893 article about class colors. Whether he responds favorably or not, the important thing is that he know there is a sizable (yes, sizable) contingent of fans who want to stick with white and gold.
We know you think TStan doesn’t care about the brand & color of our jerseys

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I frankly don't care whether you "get it" or not. You're free to your opinion, but the fact remains that White and Gold have ALWAYS been the Georgia Tech brand, and it's unnecessary and stupid to mess with it. And blue pants or all blue uniforms isn't just messing with it; it's throwing it out the window.
We know know that you think we’re free to our opinions and that the blue unis are not white and gold