Petition to stop noon home games

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Which is worse? A noon game, televised? Or, a 3:30 game that does not even make it on ESPN3, much less televised?

This is a no-brainer imo. the 3:3o game is a better start time plus the game is not televised so the game experience is better (no TV timeouts).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
However it isn't GT, the ACC, or ESPN forcing the decision or doing evil things to us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I think most (maybe not all) here accept noon games as a fact of life these days.

Or maybe drive in Friday night and stay close to campus. Get on campus at 7:00 or 8:00 to tailgate. According to your time frame if you leave at 3:30PM after the game you should get back home by midnight. That makes it 1 night instead of 2 and you still get your tailgating experience.

Or if tailgating is super important, get an RV and start the tailgating after 5:00PM on Friday in the RV lot. You don't even have to leave until morning sometime on Sunday so you can tailgate before and after the game with a crowd of people doing the same thing.
IF you tailgated and IF you had a substantial distance to drive, then MAYBE you would understand.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Which is worse? A noon game, televised? Or, a 3:30 game that does not even make it on ESPN3, much less televised? While I see the frustration of numerous noon kick-offs, it comes down to ratings. GT is not exactly a nationally followed brand. I don't care about other teams and whether they may or may not get better kickoffs. For all I know, there are alumni members that are involved that make those choices. If GT starts winning and makes game more prime time, you will see better time slots.
Noon game is worse

Which is worse? A noon game, televised? Or, a 3:30 game that does not even make it on ESPN3, much less televised? While I see the frustration of numerous noon kick-offs, it comes down to ratings. GT is not exactly a nationally followed brand. I don't care about other teams and whether they may or may not get better kickoffs. For all I know, there are alumni members that are involved that make those choices. If GT starts winning and makes game more prime time, you will see better time slots.
I don't think any fewer games are televised at 3:30 than at any other time. We have had noon games on some obscure television network that were not televised in Augusta. Since I have tickets, that's not a problem to me, but for those who don't and can't get those obscure networks, it's a major problem. Same with basketball, although not a time issue. There have been some b'ball games I had to watch on my phone, and that really sucks.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's better for the individuals at the game maybe, but it is not better for the team as a whole or the overall brand image of the Institute.

I 100% agree with this. Look, I am OK and totally support and expect the school making the best decisions for the school and the program as opposed to making suboptimal decisions that coincide with my wishes and desires.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
IF you tailgated and IF you had a substantial distance to drive, then MAYBE you would understand.

To be frank, the poster whom you quoted reminds me of a used car salesman. If you prefer a late model subcompact with low mileage he knows that you really need a '01 F350 with 350,000 miles on it. Because the consumer really has no idea what he/she needs.

Milwaukee

Banned
To be frank, the poster whom you quoted reminds me of a used car salesman. If you prefer a late model subcompact with low mileage he knows that you really need a '01 F350 with 350,000 miles on it. Because the consumer really has no idea what he/she needs.

That poster pretty much blew your excuses out of the water though didn't he? You can come in Friday night and drive home Saturday night if you don't want to pay for 2 nights in a hotel. No matter what logic or solutions are clearly presented, the complainers will continue to complain. It's fun to watch the thread though.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That poster pretty much blew your excuses out of the water though didn't he? You can come in Friday night and drive home Saturday night if you don't want to pay for 2 nights in a hotel. No matter what logic or solutions are clearly presented, the complainers will continue to complain. It's fun to watch the thread though.

You may call them "excuses" or "reasons"...so you think people should invest in RV's or change personal habits to attend games? Yes, his "logic" is correct. Using the same "logic" then everyone in a radius of a 6 hour flight should be at BDS right? Fly in for the game, fly out after the game. It is not that important to some of us, especially since they have provided the alternative of letting me watch it on TV. I don't understand why some of y'all can't wrap your mind around this. Milwaukee isn't that bad of a flight...may I assume you attend all home games?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I do understand that noon games don't fit your ideal timeline and they upset you. What I didn't understand is the idea that noon games make it impossible to tailgate. someone here posted about their buddies breakfast sandwiches at their tailgate. Someone posted about their activities in the RV lot after the games. There are plenty of people tailgating before and after games in Athens even for noon games. Many of those people drive farther than Athens to Atlanta, but they do it. Maybe mutt fans just aren't smart enough to realize that tailgating for noon games is impossible so they do it anyway.

I do understand that noon games don't fit your ideal timeline and they upset you. What I didn't understand is the idea that noon games make it impossible to tailgate. someone here posted about their buddies breakfast sandwiches at their tailgate. Someone posted about their activities in the RV lot after the games. There are plenty of people tailgating before and after games in Athens even for noon games. Many of those people drive farther than Athens to Atlanta, but they do it. Maybe mutt fans just aren't smart enough to realize that tailgating for noon games is impossible so they do it anyway.

Nobody said that tailgating for noon games was "impossible." Of course, it's possible, but it ends up being very abbreviated and usually rushed, and I'm sure the same holds true in the cesspool too. I don't go to Assens any more, so I don't know (and really don't give a rip) what they do. But the last times I went there, it took forever to get out of that s***hole, and I'm sure it's even worse now. What else can they do but continue to party and drink after the games? Also, I doubt the mutts have had 10 noon games in the last 2 or 3 years like Tech has. One or two a year is one thing, but virtually every frickin' game??? Also, I tailgate with friends who all come from different places, and, even those who live relatively close to the stadium, and for whom it should not be a matter of convenience, don't like the nooners.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
.so you think people should invest in RV's or change personal habits to attend games? Yes, his "logic" is correct. Using the same "logic" then everyone in a radius of a 6 hour flight should be at BDS right? Fly in for the game, fly out after the game. It is not that important to some of us, especially since they have provided the alternative of letting me watch it on TV. I don't understand why some of y'all can't wrap your mind around this.

I didn't say you should or shouldn't get an RV. If tailgating is that important to you then it is a good option. They had pictures last year from Thanksgiving weekend and it looked like the entire lot was together eating and celebrating.

Also, I basically said what you said. You prefer to sit at home and watch the games. It isn't reasons related to ESPN that you don't go to games, it is personal choice for comfort. If you said that instead of "reasons" you cannot attend games then I would respect that. I might try to encourage you to attend, but I wouldn't see it as spouting excuses.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Nobody said that tailgating for noon games was "impossible." Of course, it's possible, but it ends up being very abbreviated and usually rushed, ........ Also, I tailgate with friends who all come from different places, and, even those who live relatively close to the stadium, and for whom it should not be a matter of convenience, don't like the nooners.

Which tells me that getting together is not important to your group of friends. If it was important, they would make it happen. It appears that your group only gets together when it is extremely convenient. There isn't anything wrong with that, but just don't blame the game time for preventing your get together. Realize that your group has more important things to do unless the stars align perfectly.

...and I'm sure the same holds true in the cesspool too.

The reason I made a statement about mutt fans is that they are devoted. If they were to have a 9:00AM game, fans from Valdosta would leave shortly after midnight to set up very early and have a breakfast tailgate before the game. If they win, they would stay after the game drinking, watching other games on TV, and boasting about how the mutts are going to win the natty this year.

Their fans are fanatical. If Walmart gets a shipment of cheap crock-pots or neon table lamps with the mutt logo on them, they will sell out. If they play in South Bend, their fans will pay multiple times above the face value for tickets and fill up half the stadium.

Our fans are pathetic. At my local Walmart there is still half a tray of blu-rays from the 2014 Orange Bowl for sale. They have been sitting there for over three years and won't sell. Store managers know this and won't stock GT gear. It isn't because they hate GT or companies refuse to make GT gear. It is because store managers know that GT gear will not sell. The have to put it on a heavy discount, leave it on the shelf for three-plus years, or throw it away. I'm not sure that GT fans purchased the entire allotment for the ND game in 2015. I know they didn't purchase half of the ND fans' tickets.

To GT fans it is:

• Too hot
  • Too cold
  • Too far away
  • Too expensive
  • Too early
  • Too late
  • Too painful to use a clear bag
  • Too painful to not be allowed to bring in outside food/begeraves
  • Too much traffic

I don't like mutt fans(in general at least), but I don't hear such things from them. They go to games: far, near, hot, cold, expensive, early, late, have had a clear bag policy for a few years, don't allow outside food and beverage, and have worse traffic to get to their stadium the GT fans do.

Edit: I looked it up and the mutts instituted the clear bag policy last year instead of for several years. The SEC mandated that all SEC home games use a clear bag policy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Instead of complaining about the few fans that we have, shouldn't the bigger question be (if your premise is valid) how and what does Uga do differently to foster that fan connection? Can GT learn from the competition? In business, you can complain about why customers don't like your product. Or you change your product to meet customer demands. Wishing for customers to change to meet your needs is NOT a fruitful endeavor in my experience. It feels good...but it doesn't increase sales.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Which tells me that getting together is not important to your group of friends. If it was important, they would make it happen. It appears that your group only gets together when it is extremely convenient. There isn't anything wrong with that, but just don't blame the game time for preventing your get together. Realize that your group has more important things to do unless the stars align perfectly.

The reason I made a statement about mutt fans is that they are devoted. If they were to have a 9:00AM game, fans from Valdosta would leave shortly after midnight to set up very early and have a breakfast tailgate before the game. If they win, they would stay after the game drinking, watching other games on TV, and boasting about how the mutts are going to win the natty this year.

Their fans are fanatical. If Walmart gets a shipment of cheap crock-pots or neon table lamps with the mutt logo on them, they will sell out. If they play in South Bend, their fans will pay multiple times above the face value for tickets and fill up half the stadium.

Our fans are pathetic. At my local Walmart there is still half a tray of blu-rays from the 2014 Orange Bowl for sale. They have been sitting there for over three years and won't sell. Store managers know this and won't stock GT gear. It isn't because they hate GT or companies refuse to make GT gear. It is because store managers know that GT gear will not sell. The have to put it on a heavy discount, leave it on the shelf for three-plus years, or throw it away. I'm not sure that GT fans purchased the entire allotment for the ND game in 2015. I know they didn't purchase half of the ND fans' tickets.

To GT fans it is:

• Too hot
  • Too cold
  • Too far away
  • Too expensive
  • Too early
  • Too late
  • Too painful to use a clear bag
  • Too painful to not be allowed to bring in outside food/begeraves
  • Too much traffic

I don't like mutt fans(in general at least), but I don't hear such things from them. They go to games: far, near, hot, cold, expensive, early, late, have had a clear bag policy for a few years, don't allow outside food and beverage, and have worse traffic to get to their stadium the GT fans do.

Edit: I looked it up and the mutts instituted the clear bag policy last year instead of for several years. The SEC mandated that all SEC home games use a clear bag policy.

Why are you such a defender of noon games? Sorry but they suck. You make no sense at all