Paul Johnson's job

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see where you are coming from, lets not let the program come to the point where we look at the schedule and take for granted we will lose to UGAG, Mia,VT and Clemson. We can have those expectations with almost any coach, that is why a change does not scare me. As far as National respect, we are losing respect in our own backyard, the state of Ga.
You're right about the national respect. We have to earn the respect in our own state before we can move on to national respect. I know a lot of people say CPJ can put points up and he can but we're still not competing for the top recruits we never have a chance at a top recruiting class. A lot of people have tried to make me look like a fool (not you) by giving me other reasons and excuse. I understand our academics scares a lot of recruits off but so does the triple option these high caliber 4 and 5 star athletes don't want to play in the triple option they can't show off their true skill sets. Gailey wasn't the best coach and it was his time to go but he got recruits that turned into NFL players and didn't ride the bench. The southeast states are so packed with talent of 4 amd 5 star players and they all go to the sec or even go far away before they look at tech. I believe the school needs to make some adjustments in handling things and think we need to make some coaching changes. More thank likely CPJ is here for a little while longer at least another year maybe more so let's start with defense see if we can get better and see if that is our problem and if it's not move on from CPJ. I like Johnson I think he is a good coach and a very respectable man. I think he has done a good job at tech for the most part but all things Kia come to an end and I think his time at tech needs to. I think Johnson really does belong at a smaller school a smaller division and not a power 5 conference school. Time for change. And let's see what happens I have just wondered some names that we make look into to replace Johnson and Roof if they do go it his hard to say though. We're all tech fans. I see a lot on here where so many people get mad and pissed and talk **** to someone because they don't share the same opinion it's like the damn election

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
And I agree. I do believe there going to let him be at tech again next year a lot for money reasons but I believe if he 500 or below this year and next year he's gone. Thing is if he pulls an 8 win season out knowing them they'll extend his contract again. He could have 1 good year out of 100 and they wanna keep him

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You're right about the national respect. We have to earn the respect in our own state before we can move on to national respect. I know a lot of people say CPJ can put points up and he can but we're still not competing for the top recruits we never have a chance at a top recruiting class. A lot of people have tried to make me look like a fool (not you) by giving me other reasons and excuse. I understand our academics scares a lot of recruits off but so does the triple option these high caliber 4 and 5 star athletes don't want to play in the triple option they can't show off their true skill sets. Gailey wasn't the best coach and it was his time to go but he got recruits that turned into NFL players and didn't ride the bench. The southeast states are so packed with talent of 4 amd 5 star players and they all go to the sec or even go far away before they look at tech. I believe the school needs to make some adjustments in handling things and think we need to make some coaching changes. More thank likely CPJ is here for a little while longer at least another year maybe more so let's start with defense see if we can get better and see if that is our problem and if it's not move on from CPJ. I like Johnson I think he is a good coach and a very respectable man. I think he has done a good job at tech for the most part but all things Kia come to an end and I think his time at tech needs to. I think Johnson really does belong at a smaller school a smaller division and not a power 5 conference school. Time for change. And let's see what happens I have just wondered some names that we make look into to replace Johnson and Roof if they do go it his hard to say though. We're all tech fans. I see a lot on here where so many people get mad and pissed and talk **** to someone because they don't share the same opinion it's like the damn election
I could see Paul Johnson after GT cuts him loose going back to Georgia Southern when they fire Tyler Summers in a few seasons.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
If southern was to let him go and Paul was available I could see that. I could see that being one of the only jobs he would take over retiring. Even if we let Johnson go this year or next and southern doesn't let there coach go if they see that Paul's available and know they could get him in I think they would drop him and bring Johnson in

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If southern was to let him go and Paul was available I could see that. I could see that being one of the only jobs he would take over retiring. Even if we let Johnson go this year or next and southern doesn't let there coach go if they see that Paul's available and know they could get him in I think they would drop him and bring Johnson in
I agree with you,JStewart! GSU would be trading up firing Tyler Summers and getting CPJ back.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
You know what kids also see?
The TO offense and think its outdated/HS. I am not saying all of them but a lot.

I know what some of you are thinking but he said it too. They are 16-18 year old kids, they don't see the "magic" (if you will) of the TO. They want to be the center of attention and start right away and be flashy.

Don't agree? Why do we have press conferences for a kid to pick where he is going to college and big to do's? You didn't see that 10-15 years ago.
Times change. CPJ isn't changing and I get that but don't expect big time recruits to play in this O.
Being around HS athletes, they talk about colleges and the O/D they run. It is what it is.
Then why did your cousin sign here? Seriously. I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but Matthew Jordan is a quarterback. If he thinks like you do, he should never have come here in the first place. Be honest. What is it that made him sign with Tech and CPJ?

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope cpj stays here a long time and think some of you are being unrealistic in your perennial expectations. However if we do take the short sited approach I could see Nebraska making a run at him if he's available. Return to a program that appreciates option football and easier to get those top recruits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope cpj stays here a long time and think some of you are being unrealistic in your perennial expectations. However if we do take the short sited approach I could see Nebraska making a run at him if he's available. Return to a program that appreciates option football and easier to get those top recruits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Isnt Nebraska in the top 10

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Then why did your cousin sign here? Seriously. I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but Matthew Jordan is a quarterback. If he thinks like you do, he should never have come here in the first place. Be honest. What is it that made him sign with Tech and CPJ?

Don't know. Can't speak for him.
And I'm not talking about him.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The problem is the O-line. If we had a better O-Line we'd be in the top 25.
Depends on the game, last week it was the D that was the issue. When this team has BOTH the O and D working together we are very capable of being a Top 25 team. Right now we have only seen one game this season like that I believe and that was Vandy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you,JStewart! GSU would be trading up firing Tyler Summers and getting CPJ back.

Wouldn't surprise me to see CPJ end up in Hawaii. They love him there as well, and he could recruit the local kids in Hawaii (where there's actually a lot of talent), win 6-8 games a year, go to a bowl game every year, and they'd love him. Not much pressure or expectations, and live in paradise. CPJ's system would do well there.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Depends on the game, last week it was the D that was the issue. When this team has BOTH the O and D working together we are very capable of being a Top 25 team. Right now we have only seen one game this season like that I believe and that was Vandy.

Both were the issue last week.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't surprise me to see CPJ end up in Hawaii. They love him there as well, and he could recruit the local kids in Hawaii (where there's actually a lot of talent), win 6-8 games a year, go to a bowl game every year, and they'd love him. Not much pressure or expectations, and live in paradise. CPJ's system would do well there.

You are right about that a coach that wins 6-7 games a season at Hawaii can have that job forever. Nobody there cares all that much about College Football and is happy to go to the Hawaii Bowl every season.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
They like the passing offense in Hawaii too much. I have no idea why June Jones left.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They like the passing offense in Hawaii too much. I have no idea why June Jones left.
I think JJ got sick of Hawaii's non existant recruiting budget. He got very tired of only being able to recruit in Hawaii because of lack of funds.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
GT has to do a better job of committing to the sports programs first. They can do so without having to sully the brand. (Degree/integrity)

It'll take a commitment from the top down however something that CPJ doesn't really have per see. I don't believe in doing the tit for tat arms race that BAMA & Clemson is doing that's absurb but think out the box and be innovative.

With that I do think that commitment is coming, I just don't think CPJ will be the benefactor of it.