Paul Johnson's job

I am a little confused about GT history, so I looked up some w-l stuff. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_seasons
Some very selective memories on this board.
Also, I have spent a considerable amount of time involved with recruiting over the last 12 years and I have to say that GT has some very serious challenges with regard to academic requirements and what is required from their student athletes. This is usually glossed over here, but it is an impediment to high level recruiting in the Power 5. In other words, recruits don't come to GT because Math is Hard and recreation classes are fun. Not because Paul Johnson is a big meany who doesn't kiss 50 yr old ex-players butts.
So, firing talk? Really? Because you watched a game on TV or worse, In Person, and you think you know what wrong with the team. I watch a lot of football, and it is never easy to tell what's wrong, especially form the TV angle.
Or do you want to be the second school to fire a coach with a better resume than any of the applicants are going to bring?

Yes. That is exactly what I want.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
These midseason college coach firings we see now demonstrate how much of a business D1 CFB has become. It's really kinda distasteful. Egad, all Les Miles did is win a Natty and a couple of SEC crowns, and they blow him away in mid campaign. Charlie Strong was on the hot seat last year, and after the OkState game, it looks like the heat's back on.

Makes the GT HC job look lots more attractive. Great city, Power 5 conference, moderate expectations, and the current HC has a high-paying contract. Maybe we shouldn't be too concerned if CPJ decides to hang it up - or is compelled to - before his contract is over.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
(1) It is too early to seriously think about firing CPJ (and I have posted elsewhere some strong criticisms of our coaching, but even I think we should wait to see if he can somehow rescue this season)
(2) Financially I suspect it is silly to think about firing CPJ
(3) I remember how frustrated I was with Gailey's offense and records. So, IF a coaching change were made, imho it must be to someone whose scheme is still an oddity and unique to college ball.
(4) The truism that GT is an extraordinarily difficult place to recruit to should be obvious to us all. Why we ignore that and think otherwise baffles me. Coachbraun72 is exactly correct in his assessment of the reciting difficulties, and even if you want the Hill to modify its stand in this area, don't take it out on the coach, please!