Paul Johnson visiting the Ravens today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScGold

Banned
They will just accuse you of hating the new coach.
Getting tired of something and wanting a change is a bad thing? Like another poster said pointing out shortcomings is not hate. Blind loyalty is what kills any program. We were in a decline in program enthusiasm, support financially, and fan support. That's not hat, that's wanting something better.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not wrong just splitting hairs.

If my argument was that CPJ was a better coach than CCG based solely on win % I'd be splitting hairs. (I provided supplemental data to that end) That was not my assertion. I simply pointed out that the OP cherry picked a stat to prove his point that wasn't even factually accurate.

Again, facts. I doubt they will convince you.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
And more Conference Championships, ACCCG Appearances, 10+ win seasons, major bowl wins, victories over uga...

Also, Chan Gailey had a .579 % at GT. CPJ had .580, so that assertion is also incorrect.

When you cherry pick a stat to "prove" your point, you should at least make sure the stat is accurate...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/chan-gailey-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/paul-johnson-1.html

They’re giving CPJ a win that’s not in the record book. I’m going off of the official NCAA records.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Ur incredible. He could've hired anyone he wanted just like he could've fired anyone he wanted. Keep drinking the kool aid. 11 years we had two good defenses and they happen to coincide with the same time frame when he was first hired, but the other 9 years are the admin's fault or the fans fault, or the radio 680am's fault. Yeah it's the players fault they couldn't perform to the level of coaching. It sure can't be Paul Johnson he runs a good offense and scores lots and lots of points.
Those are facts son, he never got the pick he actually wanted. You choose to not let facts get in your way.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
They’re giving CPJ a win that’s not in the record book. I’m going off of the official NCAA records.
Hahaha you're crazy. That just shows that you are more of a CPJ hater than a Tech fan. You choose to accept the NCAA bs over $130 worth of clothes, that were given back, yet allowing Auburn to pay tens of thousands to cam and letting them walk Scott free. GTFO you troll

ScGold

Banned
Those are facts son, he never got the pick he actually wanted. You choose to not let facts get in your way.
First I'm not ur son. Second I've come to the conclusion ur either a troll or are wannabe Paul Johnson. In either case I'm done discussing this with u. You win Paul Johnson is the Best to ever coach a football game period. He is and will always be tech football.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You're not wrong. I wasn't paying attention to what you were responding to and thought you were just generally splitting hairs. Carry on.

Kinda surprised this thread is still going, tbh.

Goes back to what I posted earlier. Every thread devolves into this debate eventually. There are some militant posters on either side of the issue determined to ignore facts and blast each other continuously. Getting hard to differentiate which thread I am posting in these days.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Group 1 = Gailey is X
Group 2= Johnson is 1.05X.
Group 1 and 2 argue stats of X and 1.05 X as if wining that argument effects the future.

Look at cgc s twitter account - it links to the strength training - guys working out at 5:30 AM . JAZ LEE on video saying they believe in cgc and gt football. Something is going on.

Please stop talking about X and 1.05X. Neither of them are acceptable. Cgc will be given time and then held to a higher standard.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Group 1 = Gailey is X
Group 2= Johnson is 1.05X.
Group 1 and 2 argue stats of X and 1.05 X as if wining that argument effects the future.

Look at cgc s twitter account - it links to the strength training - guys working out at 5:30 AM . JAZ LEE on video saying they believe in cgc and gt football. Something is going on.

Please stop talking about X and 1.05X. Neither of them are acceptable. Cgc will be given time and then held to a higher standard.
Really, 1.05X?

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
When one is obsessed with something and can only talk about the same thing there is a problem. Hint CPJ is gone , get over it move on. I liked him I liked his offense but I thought it time for a change. Anyone can find something they dislike about any coach.

This thread is about Paul Johnson though. For the most part, my posts have concerned PJ and his offense re:NFL.

Hint: It's not hatred. It has been nice to add a few trolls to the Ignore list though, so I guess there's a silver lining to everything.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we could do a citizens thread lock, kinda like a citizens arrest? I doubt any of the responders in this thread have altered their opinions one iota and no new ideas are being presented. In fact, no new ideas were ever presented in this thread. Pretty soon it'll just be men behaving badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.