Paul Johnson to retire

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Always been a fan of CPJ, but he said a while back when he gets to a point where he just can't win or it isn't fun anymore he would retire. Those 4th and 6 calls at the UGA game pretty much sealed the deal.
He was a great coach and a hall of famer , he's done amazing things for this program

Now real question...is whose next will it be an option coach or a standard offense coach.
Will be interesting seeing as how our offense is built and the current recruits coming in

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
If you go back and listen to the radio show from last week, I think he accidentally let his plans be known, but I was hoping that wasn’t the case. Great coach who has been under appreciated. We’ll be lucky to get someone who is half the coach of CPJ. I would love to see us bring in Monken, but I think the narrative that his offense was the problem will prevent that.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Wisenhunt would be a disaster. We need to run some form of spread option. I'd be very hesistant to hire Satterfield from App State. They are a program that spits out success like VCU in basketball. I don't want the next Shaka Smart of football.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
This would be an absolute awful hire. I'd rather we bring in another Flex Option coach (Monken) than go the NFL retread route. I hope TStan has better options in his pocket or else it's not gonna be pretty.

Yep. We need someone who understands recruiting and is an offensive innovator. So many good options and we are the best open job right now. Whisenhunt would be the most uninspiring hire I can imagine.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Always been a fan of CPJ, but he said a while back when he gets to a point where he just can't win or it isn't fun anymore he would retire. Those 4th and 6 calls at the UGA game pretty much sealed the deal.
He was a great coach and a hall of famer , he's done amazing things for this program

Now real question...is whose next will it be an option coach or a standard offense coach.
Will be interesting seeing as how our offense is built and the current recruits coming in

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Standard offense now is a power spread.

GTRoy

Georgia Tech Fan
So many great memories: The Kick and the Pick, The Miracles on Techwood and North Avenue, The End of the Drought, The Lightning Game in Tallahassee.

I'm a big fan of traditional option offenses, so I selfishly hope we hire Jeff Monken. Would also love Scott Satterfield at App State.