Paul Johnson to retire

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
While this sucks a bit, It wasn't entirely unexpected. Johnson's alway said that he was going to retire when he didn't want to do it anymore. I am guessing constantly looking at the disparity in resources and the fact that he no longer needed to work lead him to say I'm done. Now lets hope if we get Wisenhunt we give him everything he could possible need to succeed. Because he's going to need a lot of help.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
This is probably a good year to be in the market for a new coach. Much better than last year. I’m going to miss coach - he led the team to many memorable accomplishments! Au revoir, coach.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
D9101AAF-1D28-48B3-9E85-700E509B5FF1.png

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm on the train that CPJ and GT needed to part ways due to the big capital campaign and other reasons, but I'll say this: CPJ has done a REALLY good job with our program the last decade. He'll go down on the "Mt Rushmore of GT Coaches" for me. Anyone who argues that is blind. Would have loved for him to step back and become a CEO type coach and hire a "coach in waiting" OC who would have brought some more updated schemes to attract recruits, but in the end CPJ is all or nothing...and can't blame him for it.

I wish the best for CPJ. He was a curmudgeon, but he was our curmudgeon and he did a LOT of really good things for us.