Paul Johnson to retire

Deleted member 2897

Here is what I want Paul Johnson to do. Write a book. In only the way he can - give the honest truth about what goes on at these other programs, what life is like as a coach. Social media, player challenges, academic challenges. Funny stories, etc.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Let’s remember if CPJ does retire, please don’t bash him. He put a lot of his time and effort into coaching at GT, something that is not an easy task. He also did a heck of a job and got us to some very very good season. If you don’t like him or his offense, that’s fine, but you can still respect him and not bash.

Deleted member 2897

Let’s remember if CPJ does retire, please don’t bash him. He put a lot of his time and effort into coaching at GT, something that is not an easy task. He also did a heck of a job and got us to some very very good season. If you don’t like him or his offense, that’s fine, but you can still respect him and not bash.

We are the only STEM school playing Division 1 sports. We spend the 2nd least amount on sports in the entire country. But look at what he was able to do.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Every CPJ supporter should be OK with how this went down (if this is in fact true). I'm confident TStan wasn't pressuring CPJ to retire. This is a decision that's probably best for him, and his mental health.

The guy has earned going out on his own terms, and I believe he's doing so. I don't want him gone, but if he wants out then its important that he gets out because at this level you have to be unequivocally, 100% "in". Anyone listening to him would surely agree that over the past few years, he's appeared less enthused.

I just hope we get a coach that runs a spread type offense.

Deleted member 2897

Every CPJ supporter should be OK with how this went down (if this is in fact true). I'm confident TStan wasn't pressuring CPJ to retire. This is a decision that's probably best for him, and his mental health.

The guy has earned going out on his own terms, and I believe he's doing so. I don't want him gone, but if he wants out then its important that he gets out because at this level you have to be unequivocally, 100% "in". Anyone listening to him would surely agree that over the past few years, he's appeared less enthused.

I just hope we get a coach that runs a spread type offense.

Paul Johnson and Ted Roof are good men. Both of them left without requiring the school to get into buyouts. Don't ever forget this. No man is perfect and beyond second guessing. But their integrity gets high marks.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

We are the only STEM school playing Division 1 sports. We spend the 2nd least amount on sports in the entire country. But look at what he was able to do.

I can't 'like' these enough. I know he didn't win a title here or anything, but he's an all-timer at GT as far as I'm concerned for all the reasons y'all mentioned.

This is a bittersweet day because I do feel it was just time. But I will miss the dude.