Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ since Gailey recruits left ....
4 winning seasons in 8 years. This year likely makes it 4 in 9 years.
59 - 51 in that time period
42- 50 if you toss out the "easy wins" (SC State, Middle TN State, Western Carolina, Elon, Furman etc.)

I know he had a nice start when he had Gailey's players (Nesbitt, Dwyer, etc) but he's been a mediocre coach at best since then.

With VPI, Miami & UGA ahead, it looks like no bowl game for fourth time in five years
Thanks for pointing that out & it continues to amaze me that most people on this board don’t see that PJ hasn’t recruited those kind of players we had on 08 & his 2 most successful years were with Gailey players

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Next year all we have to be excited about is a few players that have shown some NFL ability. That’s about it, but CPJ knows he better win or get fired next year. I would be shocked if he gets let go this year but think it needs to happen.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Next year all we have to be excited about is a few players that have shown some NFL ability. That’s about it, but CPJ knows he better win or get fired next year. I would be shocked if he gets let go this year but think it needs to happen.
Expectations will probably be rock bottom for 2019 if Paul Johnson is still around

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I love Tech but if UNC and GT offered me a job I would take UNC. And I think he would also. But that is just a guess on my part. Maybe he would like a job that you beat your head against the wall.

I don't know. You can be in a state that has 2 P5 schools and is 4th in producing players who are good enough to play professionally. Or at a state that is 13th in producing next level talent and has 4 P5 schools. Of course, I do get that at UNC, athletes don't have to take actual real classes and other annoying things that may distract them from FB, so there is that. Who wants to go to college to get an education?!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It was crap officiating. It was also not the reason we lost. It was one of the reasons it got so chippy so early. Duke was cheap shotting our players all over the field and it was not being called

And , just like WFU last year, we stood there and took it. Punches to the face.

CPJ teams play tough only when we can go after someone’s legs.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Still ain’t gonna happen guys...we don’t have the money. Get ready for two more years. The good news is he has a tendency to surprise...I just hope we are careful not to extend if he does.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Duke is far better than an FCS team. They're legit and a very tough team for anyone to play..............................................at least until Coach Cut retires;)

But they are not good / great. All time 5 - 8 in bowls. 13 bowls (since that is all we care about anymore as GT fans) played in.

But screw homecoming.

It all just does not matter anymore.

CPJ is the only thing about GT football that matters - his O, his contract, his feelings hurt or not, his happiness.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
But screw homecoming.

It all just does not matter anymore.

CPJ is the only thing about GT football that matters - his O, his contract, his feelings hurt or not, his happiness.

Today the worm turned. 1-4 against Duke speaks for itself. I had hoped that our last 2 games would give us a spark and that we could leverage that for some momentum but we look hapless. weak. ineffective. I think the jury is no longer out. It's time to move on. CPJ and his offensive system met its Waterloo today.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Defense looked good today.

Anyone personally know T Stan? Tell him to go hire Josh Heupel. BTW I’m a CPJ fan, I just think it’s time for change. Imo it takes change to get out of a funk sometimes, although we could see it not get better with change as well. I think Heupel would do very good at GT though, and we have some guys that could transition into his offensive scheme. Tell him to tell Heupel to retain CNW though.

Status
Not open for further replies.