Paul Johnson reveals starting lineup for Georgia Tech

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I thought Jerry Howard looked pretty good as a freshman last year, so if Mason beat him out for the backup spot we should be in really good shape at BB for the next several years assuming we can keep these guys on the team.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! Brent King did not beat out Shaun Davis. I really thought last year was bc of king’s injury.

This is the worst football news I’ve hear since Dedrick got dismissed.

We HAVE TO KICK THE BALL PAST THE 35 yard line on kick offs!!!! And we HAVE TO MAKE CHIP SHOT FG’s!!!

Hell...at this point I’m only asking for extra points that aren’t barely padding over helmets at the LOS (and go through the uprights)

Kicking may lose us a couple games alone this year.

If we are as bad as last year just go for it on 4th inside the opponent’s 40 and go for 2 pt conversions after most TDs.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Yeah, Juanyeh sounds like the next great GT WR ... I hate to take someone like that from the defense, but if we have others who can make plays back there, how many guys do we have who have that size as well as the dynamic ability of a KR as well as the sure-handedness of a PR??? That's a Bay Bay Thomas or a Smelter type kid.

Of course, this was all just spilling out of that blazing hype-train that's rumbling down the GT highway at the moment.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
O
Yeah, Juanyeh sounds like the next great GT WR ... I hate to take someone like that from the defense, but if we have others who can make plays back there, how many guys do we have who have that size as well as the dynamic ability of a KR as well as the sure-handedness of a PR??? That's a Bay Bay Thomas or a Smelter type kid.

Of course, this was all just spilling out of that blazing hype-train that's rumbling down the GT highway at the moment.
Or is he the next Morgan Burnett?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Hell...at this point I’m only asking for extra points that aren’t barely padding over helmets at the LOS (and go through the uprights)

Kicking may lose us a couple games alone this year.

If we are as bad as last year just go for it on 4th inside the opponent’s 40 and go for 2 pt conversions after most TDs.

In fairness, Davis was 19 of 20 on XPs so I wouldn't go that drastic. That said, I really hope he *won* the job rather than King *losing* it. I'm definitely not going to feel confident until somebody hits half a dozen mid range FG's in a row.

Also, isn't there a rule change which should limit kickoff returns this year? You're able to fair catch them for a touchback outside of the endzone or something like that? Obviously, we still have to cover.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t think we need a miracle worker at PK. Just make your PATs and make say 75% inside of 40 yards. And kick your kickoffs with adequate height to around the 3-7 yard line. We dont need touch backs either. But we can’t have line drives to the 6-10 yard line where the returner can get to the 20 before encountering anyone.

EFN247

Georgia Tech Fan
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! Brent King did not beat out Shaun Davis. I really thought last year was bc of king’s injury.

This is the worst football news I’ve hear since Dedrick got dismissed.

We HAVE TO KICK THE BALL PAST THE 35 yard line on kick offs!!!! And we HAVE TO MAKE CHIP SHOT FG’s!!!

This seems a little crazy, Davis started kicking a lot better before the injury, also his Touchback % was higher than King . Plus if he beat out a scholarship player again, he must of had a good recovery from knee surgery

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Is Lamont Simmons still on the team?
Don’t understand how he’s not listed in the top 5 at Cornerback position ? Something seems fishy here....either he’s off the team or we’re loaded at CB position. Either way his career is over....

nm

GTFLETCH

Banned
Per KQ:
Paul Johnson announces that Lamont Simmons has been shut down with a hammy injury at CB. LB Bruce Jordan-Swilling got hurt on one of the stupid rental scooters in Atlanta and is probably out as well.