Paul Johnson reveals starting lineup for Georgia Tech

GT_EE78

Banned
Two things stand out:
1. The defensive front seven is all 4th and 5th year players. There is no substitute for experience, and we have some depth for the first time in years.
2. How small the OL is. A small line, especially at tackle, combined with wide splits equals poor pass blocking. The low pass completion % is not all on the QB, but he will get the blame. It's inherent in this offense.
at 37% completion there were probably more issues than just the offensive inherency.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
A question and a few comments.

At 6'3, is Juanyeh Thomas the tallest returner in college football?

We have a 6'4 SS and a 6'3 FS in the two-deep, that seems unique. Actually, seems like we have a lot of tall DBs compared to other teams I've looked at.

Brentavious Glanton is back in the two-deep. A 294 lbs. DE sounds nice.

BB and CB are the only positions with three players listed. Hope that speaks to the talent at those positions.
I noticed the same thing. It can't lead to more confidence in their short throws by opposing QBs if they see the center of the field full of guys as tall as their WRs. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Our SSs play on Saturday.

And, yes, having Glanton regain his confidence - I think that was all there was to it - is reassuring.

I also liked that Hansen and Clarke are listed as seconds at guard and that The Twins are listed to either start or rotate. We needed The Twins to get healthy more then almost everything else this year.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In fairness, Davis was 19 of 20 on XPs so I wouldn't go that drastic. That said, I really hope he *won* the job rather than King *losing* it. I'm definitely not going to feel confident until somebody hits half a dozen mid range FG's in a row.

Also, isn't there a rule change which should limit kickoff returns this year? You're able to fair catch them for a touchback outside of the endzone or something like that? Obviously, we still have to cover.

A lot of those makes were cringe worthy low and risked being blocked.

Amerson1990

Banned
CPJ says it himself in the presser.

Yep, he said the media asked for a depth chart, so this is what they put together.

One thing that I have learned is The depth chart should always be taken with a grain of salt . Disappointed about the injury news of Juanyeh, BJS, -and Lamont