Paul Johnson Also Ran Coach

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
One of the comments left on that site is from an unloader at Wal-Mart. Figures.

His comment is gold too, "Paul Johnson beats Georgia 1 out of 10 times and now all of the SEC is overhyped? Any hype at all about GT is overhyped."

Well, you should cut him some slack. He is probably a product of that common core math. Seriously, have they considered the fact that we have played them pretty tough lately? UGA has had top 10 recruiting rankings for the past decade. We have had one top 20 class during the same time period and most often our rankings are in the mid 30s to about 50. We might have, at best, a handful of players that would start for their team. UGA has been underachieving for quite a while which is kind of strange because under Coach Dooly they often overachieved. With the exception of Texas, maybe North Carolina, or possibly Notre Dame I can't think of another program that has consistently wasted talent the way they have. Of course, part of that is the misfortune of playing in the same division with Florida and then having to play Alabama in the SEC championship but still as Spurrier used to say: "They get all that talent at Georgia I don't know what happens to them."

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
If you're going to define "also ran" as mediocre, then Kirby not-so-Smart would be an "also ran," and he's just getting started. :p
No, no, no, what they mean is that Justin Thomas ran for a TD last year,
and Quay Searcy also ran for a TD,
and Dedrick Mills also ran for a TD,
and Marcus Marshall also ran for a TD,
and JJ Green also ran for a TD,
and Clinton Lynch also ran for a TD...

We're an also ran offense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No, no, no, what they mean is that Justin Thomas ran for a TD last year,
and Quay Searcy also ran for a TD,
and Dedrick Mills also ran for a TD,
and Marcus Marshall also ran for a TD,
and JJ Green also ran for a TD,
and Clinton Lynch also ran for a TD...

We're an also ran offense.

Pure gold. You should post more frequently :D

I for one refuse to click that link. I value my time too much to waste it on pure idiocy.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I have no reason to listen to them.

Just for myself, I will not be happy until we beat them 50% of the time in FB and beat them by at least 45 points in a game for revenge sake.

If not a goal at GT - No need to play the sport.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no reason to listen to them.

Just for myself, I will not be happy until we beat them 50% of the time in FB and beat them by at least 45 points in a game for revenge sake.

If not a goal at GT - No need to play the sport.
Yes!! I want to C.R.U.S.H. them for a single game. Enough of this squeaking out wins when we get them. 2017 is the perfect year because we have beaten them 2 of the last 3, so if we crush them this year it is more than just an anomaly. Panic and despair will set in as the tide has definitely turned.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Can someone provide some reference or etymology on "also ran". I've never heard this and have zero idea what it implies (I've read what other says it means, I'm more interested in where it comes from).

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Yes!! I want to C.R.U.S.H. them for a single game. Enough of this squeaking out wins when we get them. 2017 is the perfect year because we have beaten them 2 of the last 3, so if we crush them this year it is more than just an anomaly. Panic and despair will set in as the tide has definitely turned.
Now we are talking! Having Mills only play in the first series of the second half is what I want. At the end of the game all dwag fans except their cheer leaders and Smart's wife should be gone because the game was beyond hope before the fourth quarter started. One fan says to another "this was a solid win but they really aren't much of a rival anymore since they aren't in our league. Clemson is a bigger game."