Paul Johnson Also Ran Coach

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Yes, they were. I almost left at halftime too because of the conditions, but my dad, who was attending his first Tech - GA game, wouldn't have any of it. He said he was enjoying it too much. I was never so proud of my dad as on that day. :)
How was the Dwag crowd during the 1977 GT-UGAG game at Bobby Dodd Stadium? Did they leave early when they had no offense all day because they were down to their 5th quarterback?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I really don't remember that game, but I looked up the final score, and since it was a close game, they probably hung around till the end
I think UGAG's quarterback in that game was Chris Welton who was a linebacker on the 1980 team. The 16-7 win by GT over UGAG in 1977 wasn't as close as the score indicated because they scored shortly after a blocked punt late in the 4th quarter. Both Bucky Shamburger and Eddie Lee Ivery ran for 100+ yards in that game.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I imagine this is the average uga fan
th

Nah, can't be. This dude is wearing a tie and doesn't have his name on his shirt.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
What was it Churchill said, not regarding coaching but a like disrespectful line about Hitler wringing England's neck "like a chicken": "Some chicken. Some neck."