Jolly Good Fellow
Ed Conroy (Xs and Os) (#1)
Darryl LaBarrie (GT) (#2)
Sharman White (ATL) (#3)
Cabral Huff (ATL) (Opps)

What y'all think?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Imagine for a minute that maybe Pastner has some things ready to go, but the administration above him were holding things up.

Is that a plausible theory?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Add to that, the hoopla with the NFL draft this past weekend, that would not have been a good time to make a college basketball assistant coach hiring announcement

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Imagine for a minute that maybe Pastner has some things ready to go, but the administration above him were holding things up.

I was just linking a tweet.

It's a plausible theory, but it's not much fun.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I doubt it unless he's trying to hire a scumbag.

I'm not in panic mode. However, most coaches have friends in the business they trust to hire without an exhaustive process. One of the criticisms of CPast is that he refuses to trust anyone. Most of his quotes regarding who he'll hire here have kinda illustrated that the criticism is closer to valid than I'd hoped. "Oh, he can't work for me .... " and such (and I'm not even talking about the golf thing).

Oh well, like most things, the most obvious explanation is usually the best. The delay probably had more to do with the dead periods and him having to be out recruiting in between them. Hiring process probably just had to wait.

Now why every other school except 1 has basically completed their staffs but we haven't ....

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
This is exactly what I was thinking. Add to that, the hoopla with the NFL draft this past weekend, that would not have been a good time to make a college basketball assistant coach hiring announcement

Why would the NFL Draft affect when you announce you're hiring an assistant coach?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would the NFL Draft affect when you announce you're hiring an assistant coach?

The announcement would get lost in the football news cycle. The NFL are masters at marketing hence why football has become a 12 month event.

I expect we should see announcements about hiring this week. Just a 'gut' feeling.

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
The announcement would get lost in the football news cycle. The NFL are masters at marketing hence why football has become a 12 month event.

I expect we should see announcements about hiring this week. Just a 'gut' feeling.

Hiring an assistant college basketball coach is only really going to be news locally (and on Twitter) regardless of when it happens. It's extremely rare to hear anything nationally about an assistant coaching hire. Unless we're hiring Michael Jordan, it's not going to be a major announcement to anyone but us.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Hiring an assistant college basketball coach is only really going to be news locally (and on Twitter) regardless of when it happens. It's extremely rare to hear anything nationally about an assistant coaching hire. Unless we're hiring Michael Jordan, it's not going to be a major announcement to anyone but us.

No disagreement however during a slow news cycle, it could get more coverage than normal.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea about the quality of these 2 candidates. I am not sure how fierce the competition is for either position. However I don't recall either name especially Swartz name surfacing for positions. Interesting tidbit in the article about Swartz's past and being treated for his OCD. Does this mean he has an eye for details? Who else was up for these positions? I think I remember a few guys saying they would do anything just to be a part of the staff. Thoughts about these hires?