Pastner Staff Thread

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Not knowing a damn thing about these two, I'll say this: one stigma that has been brought to light is Pastner likes to hire friends, people who don't rock the boat. For these first two hires, those observations seem warranted.

Take that for what it's worth.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Sounding like it may be-

Conroy
Schrage
LaBarrie or Sharman

Possibly Jon Michael Nickerson for Player Dev

I'll be pretty disappointed if neither Huff or Sharman get a spot...not sounding like Huff will...Sharman is still a toss up

Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
How hard is it to hire a guy who:

you wanted to hire at your previous spot,

Who,

Has ties to USA hoops,

Who,

Is one of the best prep program coaches in the country,

Who,

Is a homerun recruiting personality living in a city that produces 6-10 top 100 recruits annually

OH! And who,

Is openly lobbying in the media for the position.

This program just continually makes moves that make me ponder "why?" To so many different things.

Of course, Posh may hire White and this could be frustrating me for nothing.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounding like it may be-

Conroy
Schrage
LaBarrie or Sharman

Possibly Jon Michael Nickerson for Player Dev

I'll be pretty disappointed if neither Huff or Sharman get a spot...not sounding like Huff will...Sharman is still a toss up

This sounds like a perfectly good staff outcome, but for the sake of fresh blood & local momentum, along with USA hoops ties, I'd significantly prefer Sharman White over LaBarrie.

Just my opinion.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah,
Take Sharman
Grab Sharman
Squeeze him

Schrage would def hit the scouting/ recruiting emphasis.

Conroy, ... I don't know, ... Bobby said good things about him?

None older/ much older than CPast.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unless I am mistaken, White is under contract to teach school at Miller Grove until the end of this semester. If he is willing to walk away from that commitment less than a month before the end of the school year, would you want him on the GT staff? Assuming he is one of the potential hires (maybe has agreed to be) I am happy nothing has been said to upset the situation he is currently committed to. It's called integrity.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Unless I am mistaken, White is under contract to teach school at Miller Grove until the end of this semester. If he is willing to walk away from that commitment less than a month before the end of the school year, would you want him on the GT staff? Assuming he is one of the potential hires (maybe has agreed to be) I am happy nothing has been said to upset the situation he is currently committed to. It's called integrity.
As a teacher he can be hired and announced his starting date will just be at the end of the month.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

I don't get this one. He is breaking a contract which has a cancellation clause I am sure. And he likely isn't going back to HS teaching again. People break employment contracts all the time . And BTW if he stayed till the end of the year wouldn't bother me much - especially if he has a week or so of vacation stored up he could use :D

On another level it is kind of funny given the amount of crap thrown at CCG for not coming to GT as soon as he was hired. He thought it was integrity but seemingly no one here agreed with him.