Pastner Staff Thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I think if Huff would accept the Ops position we would/should take both.
Agree. Getting Huff along with White is icing on the cake.

You have two guys most of us have been recommending and both appear to be begging for a GT job. Heady atmosphere!

Pastner has an opportunity to build something special at Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anyone think he would take Huff and White? Those 2 could have the potential to really build a fence around Atlanta, but at the same time I see them as filling in similar/the same roles. I think recruiting in basketball is the most important thing to getting to the postseason, X's and O's get you wins in the postseason. You can't get to the 2nd without the first and we need ballers first and foremost

I don't think White's involvement in USA bball should be overlooked. He's not only a recruiter IMHO. You don't have that involvement without being a good coach and player development guy. I think he'd be an asset in addition to Huff who I tend to think is chiefly a recruiting guy.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don't think White's involvement in USA bball should be overlooked. He's not only a recruiter IMHO. You don't have that involvement without being a good coach and player development guy. I think he'd be an asset in addition to Huff who I tend to think is chiefly a recruiting guy.

I agree that he isn't just a recruiter, but I do think that it's most likely he's being looked at primarily as a recruiter right now. It's why I doubt we take both.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree that he isn't just a recruiter, but I do think that it's most likely he's being looked at primarily as a recruiter right now. It's why I doubt we take both.

Well, if Huff is the Ops guy with White being the 3rd chair, I don't see why we couldn't take both.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Impressive he would take a non recruiting Ops spot.

I do agree/understand that recruiting is incredibly important. Made that point many times myself. But I also watched Memphis last year (as much as I could stand) and CJP is in dire need of an assistant who can help him with structure/XandO's/whatever you want to call it so we don't look back fondly on the offensive coherence our teams had under Hewitt.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sure would be nice to have the conversations about GT basketball swing from malaise to excitement. Maybe despite all the bungling we lucked out and found ourselves on solid ground with respect to the HC and staff. Man I hope so. There's too long a gap between football season and baseball season to keep me occupied. Getting ready to fill the koolaid pitcher back up. You guys let me know when.

Go Jackets!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sure would be nice to have the conversations about GT basketball swing from malaise to excitement. Maybe despite all the bungling we lucked out and found ourselves on solid ground with respect to the HC and staff. Man I hope so. There's too long a gap between football season and baseball season to keep me occupied. Getting ready to fill the koolaid pitcher back up. You guys let me know when.

Go Jackets!

Maybe go look at what Pastner's been chasing on the recruiting trail by himself so far.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
They both would like to be on together...it just matters if JP wants both; He has pretty much told Huff he won't be a bench spot so Huff told him he'd take an Ops spot, he just wants to be a part of it.
From the ajc article by Ken S

“Atlanta has my heart,” Huff said. “Anybody that knows me knows I love college basketball. I appreciate every job I have, but everyone knows that Atlanta will always have my heart.”

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will trust these stories when the GTAA makes an announcement. Nothing against you or KS, but I don't think anyone knows what will happen here except the principals, and they are not talking.

I'm just sharing public information on this front.