Pastner Staff Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would guess they are still getting paid and doing some duties. The only people missing from the roster are the seniors and CBG. But this is a guess.

I wouldn't think so. Probably got whatever severance they're owed and are seeking other opportunities. They can't wait to see if they'll be retained. Assistant spots at other schools are filling up quickly.

Also (and I doubt this is an issue here) just like any other job, keeping terminated employees around can be a bad thing for a whole lot of reasons.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Penny Hardaway is coaching in middle school and is ready to move up the food chain. Pastner might know him from Memphis, bring him on board. I am not entirely joking.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Penny Hardaway is coaching in middle school and is ready to move up the food chain. Pastner might know him from Memphis, bring him on board. I am not entirely joking.

Rumored that he may end up on Tubby's staff at Memphis. Tubby needs a recruiter and a young guy with energy, and doesn't need an experienced in-game coach.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I'd expect Penny to be at Memphis as well. His name floated around that job but it was a Mark Price situation. I think he will be the guy there after Tubby.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The staff news is deathly quiet. The rumor mill has closed down also. Good signs or bad signs?
I rolled the bones out on a wooden floor and they said I would be impatient.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I like his recruit recruit recruit philosophy.
He reminds me of Kirby Smart, whose a tireless recruiter, UGA just had a 9th grade football day, in that he's young and places such a strong value in recruiting.

He's like the opposite of Paul Johnson in a couple of ways.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a manager like that. Didn't like golfers and always made comments about people who golf.