Pastner Staff Thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Are we gonna do another thread - Pastner-Staff - Revenge of the Nerds

Rumor is that Pastner is trying to get Obama to leave the Presidency early and become the shooting instructor at GT. Obama is discussing with his family.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I've heard a lot of people have inquired about Ops/most likely the last bench spot...lower level guys or local guys; many of the big name HS coaches in the metro area, some former players, and guys who grew up in the area.

CY is the main attraction for Assistant...haven't heard much on X&O's guy yet.

I for one am really interested in what you might hear in this regard as it strikes me as a visible sign that MBob and CP are attacking his perceived (or real) faults from Memphis. Given the recruiting period and priority of that, I understand if a recruiting/local guy is hired faster. But, it would mean more to me perception-wise to see the mentor X's/O's type get hired.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
what a fluster cluck this is. to say i am underwhelmed by mbob's performance to this point is an understatement. he had one year to do gather data and make a potential list of coaches and bench coach candidates.

gtdoceulaw

Jolly Good Fellow
If Mike Bibby comes I hope it will not be in the capacity of an Xs and Os job even though he has learned from some of the better coaches in college (Lute Olson) and in the NBA (Erik Spoelstra and Mike Woodson).

In his son, Mike Bibby Jr., if it was not for the knee injury I think he would have been rated higher and would have not waited until the spring signing period. In looking at some of jr.'s videos, his handles look almost identical to his dad and he also reminds me of a young Stephen Curry with his jumpshot.

It would be a good packaged deal as long as the dad is not the assistant specializing in Xs and Os.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Do you think this was to strengthen his bargaining position with NC State?
This may be nothing more than Lutz and his family wanting to stay in NC. I am an Atlanta native and would not pick it over Raleigh as a place to live. Except for his time as a graduate assistant at Clemson, he has always lived and coached in NC.