Pastner Staff Thread

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am interested in confirmation that Tech did go after Lutz as the first assistant hire because if true, even if the guy flips it to get some cushier job at NCState as he seems to have done, then at least it will be an actual factual sign that MBob and CP are seriously intent on dealing with the criticisms of CP's tenure at Memphis.

Going after a perceived X/O guy first, would signal serious intent to me, and would certainly make me more at ease with this whole hiring process.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't get this one. It either was all smoke to begin with or GT backed out for some strange reason. No way he takes that role rather than lead assistant at GT.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Actually Kelly never thought it was happening...I talked to him around lunch; this got steam from the NC State side of things, Pastner talked to him but didn't offer yet.

Are you hearing any names yet? Saw on twitter you said they were getting a lot of calls.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you hearing any names yet? Saw on twitter you said they were getting a lot of calls.

I've heard a lot of people have inquired about Ops/most likely the last bench spot...lower level guys or local guys; many of the big name HS coaches in the metro area, some former players, and guys who grew up in the area.

CY is the main attraction for Assistant...haven't heard much on X&O's guy yet.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Actually Kelly never thought it was happening...I talked to him around lunch; this got steam from the NC State side of things, Pastner talked to him but didn't offer yet.

Thanks for clearing that up. It seems like someone from the Lutz side of things planted that all over the place in retrospect.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I've heard a lot of people have inquired about Ops/most likely the last bench spot...lower level guys or local guys; many of the big name HS coaches in the metro area, some former players, and guys who grew up in the area.

CY is the main attraction for Assistant...haven't heard much on X&O's guy yet.

You've indicated you would like to see White and Huff. Is that one or the other or both?

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
I'd be happy with either...both good coaches, good recruiters, and great individuals.
White and CY would be homerun hires. Defenitely a step up in recruiting from the last staff. Would Kobi Simmons still be interested if we can't find a spot for Cabral Huff?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sorry meant that as a joke. laughing at the coaching changes post cause thats kinda what it sounded like

Yeah. I think there's a degree to which dude knows what's up and there's a degree to which he's a total troll. Part of what I like about the feed.