Pastner Staff Thread

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
ACC Area Sports Journal reporting Lutz to GT so I am taking it as real. And good news.
Lutz was very well compensated at State so for him to move to GT means someone opened the purse strings. That in and of itself is interesting.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC Area Sports Journal reporting Lutz to GT so I am taking it as real. And good news.
Lutz was very well compensated at State so for him to move to GT means someone opened the purse strings. That in and of itself is interesting.

My understanding is that he was asked to leave, to make room for Dooley.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Well, rumor was we were willing to go to $2.4million for Drew. We're paying well below that for Pastner, so I guess we were committed to spending money for our basketball staff. Looks like a lot more $$$ is going to the staff now.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It does sort of look like he was at least given a nudge. We will see if Dooley comes but regardless the State folks I know close to the team speak really highly of Lutz. I consider this a win for GT.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It does sort of look like he was at least given a nudge. We will see if Dooley comes but regardless the State folks I know close to the team speak really highly of Lutz. I consider this a win for GT.

It certainly is a big win for GT. It also shows, IMO, that Bobinski is highly involved in hiring the staff.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Bruiser Flint
Sharman White
Jon Barry

I'm a huge fan of snatching up successful coaches who may be unemployed at the moment.

Lutz at NCST
Stansbury at TA&M
Keady at St. John's a while back

UVA - Tech games will be interesting. Austin Nichols facing Pastner.

Hope he brings in a strong game coach as an assistant. Pastner is known as a hard worker on the recruiting scene but generally mocked when it comes to game coaching / x and o. (Similar to Gottfried bringing Bobby Lutz with him to NCSU)

Good call guys