Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

Deleted member 2897

The story that never ends and the accusers won’t go away. Now saying they have shirt with CJP dna.

Well he had his chance and refused to produce it (they didn’t say they just couldn’t find it) and lost his attorneys. Here is his last chance. They’ll probably submit clothing for testing and it will come back negative and they’ll say maybe because it’s so old it doesn’t show up but but but. It’s a shame they haven’t folded up shop after all their recorded conversations and everything else, but nobody ever accused them of being smart.

Deleted member 2897

“At the time, more than 50 attorneys had declined to represent them.”

LOL. 50!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I found this...https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/co...ault-produces-key-piece-of-evidence/824004885

Apparently, they've looked under enough rocks to find someone to represent them. The shirt is apparently in a lab in California.

"The Sole Witness...

In addition to the development concerning the shirt as potential evidence, the sole witness to one of Pendley’s claims, a security guard, recanted his story in a sworn statement this week. During a deposition, he said he’d lied about seeing an alleged encounter between Pastner and Pendley because he was pressured by the couple and promised a portion of their lawsuit settlement earnings in exchange for his testimony.

The revelation came after a July 25 letter sent to the young security guard by Pastner’s attorney, threatening to sue him for defamation if he did not retract his prior statements and respond to the letter by the next day.

Chris Meegan was an Atlanta-based CSC security guard in November of 2016, nine months after Pendley said the hotel assault occurred. ...
“What the public should know is that the young man’s attorney and his father fully supported his retraction,” the statement read. "Moreover, Georgia Tech’s independent investigator concluded…that the young man’s witness statement was not credible, that he could not have witnessed the fake assault because he was not even in Georgia on the day Pendley claims she was assaulted….”

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is just one thing I had hoped was in the rear view mirror. :banghead:
Don't want it hanging around now - however tenuous it may be.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
"The Sole Witness...

In addition to the development concerning the shirt as potential evidence, the sole witness to one of Pendley’s claims, a security guard, recanted his story in a sworn statement this week. During a deposition, he said he’d lied about seeing an alleged encounter between Pastner and Pendley because he was pressured by the couple and promised a portion of their lawsuit settlement earnings in exchange for his testimony.

The revelation came after a July 25 letter sent to the young security guard by Pastner’s attorney, threatening to sue him for defamation if he did not retract his prior statements and respond to the letter by the next day.

Chris Meegan was an Atlanta-based CSC security guard in November of 2016, nine months after Pendley said the hotel assault occurred. ...
“What the public should know is that the young man’s attorney and his father fully supported his retraction,” the statement read. "Moreover, Georgia Tech’s independent investigator concluded…that the young man’s witness statement was not credible, that he could not have witnessed the fake assault because he was not even in Georgia on the day Pendley claims she was assaulted….”

I guess I just don't understand why the courts won't just throw this out after all the nonsense that's gone on so far.

Can you imagine how that alleged shirt came to be, all of a sudden? *yech* I'm sure there's someone's DNA on it and they're not dumb enough to just have it be Ron's. :vomit:

On an unrelated note, @Peacone36 have you ever been to Arizona?

:smuggrin:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I guess I just don't understand why the courts won't just throw this out after all the nonsense that's gone on so far.

Can you imagine how that alleged shirt came to be, all of a sudden? *yech* I'm sure there's someone's DNA on it and they're not dumb enough to just have it be Ron's. :vomit:

On an unrelated note, @Peacone36 have you ever been to Arizona?

:smuggrin:

giphy.gif

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
So, the discovery hearing scheduled for tomorrow was continued until Friday. We should have some more clarity on the case after that occurs.

Pima County continues to royally suck; none of the current pleadings are on-line so all I've got to go on are the title of pleadings and some press reports.

With regard to the DNA dispute, here's what's evidently going on. Miracle Whips told his previous attorneys, many members of the press and others that they had a shirt with Josh Pastner's sperm on it from the night he supposedly assaulted her. CJP vehemently denied it and offered to take a DNA test to prove it. Now, all of a sudden, they have completely changed their story. The new story is they have a shirt with CJP's DNA on it but it isn't sperm. CJP's attorneys said, basically, so what, it's of no probative value and told CJP not to give a DNA sample (I agree with this advice wholeheartedly). That's the shirt that was sent to a lab in California.

CJP's attorneys have renewed their request to depose RB's previous attorneys. I would kill to see that motion. If nothing else, they want them to testify about whether or not they were told that they had a shirt with CJP's sperm on it. I could see the judge allowing questioning about a fraud on the court; that's not protected by attorney-client privilege.

So, hopefully we'll know a lot more in a few days.

edited to add: there's nothing I've seen so far that in any way harms CJP's case. RB and JP have hired a very ordinary attorney who does a lot of real estate law. They finally admitted that they made up their key piece of evidence. Their star witness testified under oath that they bribed him to commit perjury. From my perspective, Mr and Mrs Whips are still in a world of hurt.

Last edited:

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So, the discovery hearing scheduled for tomorrow was continued until Friday. We should have some more clarity on the case after that occurs.

Pima County continues to royally suck; none of the current pleadings are on-line so all I've got to go on are the title of pleadings and some press reports.

With regard to the DNA dispute, here's what's evidently going on. Miracle Whips told his previous attorneys, many members of the press and others that they had a shirt with Josh Pastner's sperm on it from the night he supposedly assaulted her. CJP vehemently denied it and offered to take a DNA test to prove it. Now, all of a sudden, they have completely changed their story. The new story is they have a shirt with CJP's DNA on it but it isn't sperm. CJP's attorneys said, basically, so what, it's of no probative value and told CJP not to give a DNA sample (I agree with this advice wholeheartedly). That's the shirt that was sent to a lab in California.

CJP's attorneys have renewed their request to depose RB's previous attorneys. I would kill to see that motion. If nothing else, they want them to testify about whether or not they were told that they had a shirt with CJP's sperm on it. I could see the judge allowing questioning about a fraud on the court; that's not protected by attorney-client privilege.

edited to add: there's nothing I've seen so far that in any way harms CJP's case. RB and JP have hired a very ordinary attorney who does a lot of real estate law. They finally admitted that they made up their key piece of evidence. Their star witness testified under oath that they bribed him to commit perjury. From my perspective, Mr and Mrs Whips are still in a world of hurt.
If your reading of what’s going on is accurate then the press sure did a lousy job of reporting it. The difference between just some random DNA and the sperm DNA they claimed is remarkable and certainly worthy of mention in the story.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

A shirt with Pastner's DNA wouldn't really prove anything. Could be from something as innocuous as a hug or pat on the back, right? Friends swap DNA all the time, I imagine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A shirt with Pastner's DNA wouldn't really prove anything. Could be from something as innocuous as a hug or pat on the back, right? Friends swap DNA all the time, I imagine.

Heh, I need more friends. But seriously though, a chest-bump after a workout could "swap DNA". I'm sorry but, considering that and the fact that they clearly misrepresented the nature of the "evidence", why is the court still entertaining this nonsense?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Heh, I need more friends. But seriously though, a chest-bump after a workout could "swap DNA". I'm sorry but, considering that and the fact that they clearly misrepresented the nature of the "evidence", why is the court still entertaining this nonsense?

Give em enough rope and they’ll eventually gang themselves

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They say they have a T with Pastner's DNA and I would not be so certain that isn't the case. But, it could easily be a T that Pastner wore doing something he does all the time. It would not surprise me in the lease to learn that scumbag stole the shirt (or that Pastner left it lying around after a workout).

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
If your reading of what’s going on is accurate then the press sure did a lousy job of reporting it. The difference between just some random DNA and the sperm DNA they claimed is remarkable and certainly worthy of mention in the story.

Here's a much better story. You just can't believe the idiocy of those two:

"Pastner’s lawyers have asked the court permission to depose one of the couple’s previous attorneys, Paul Gattone. Pastner’s lawyers say that Bell and Pendley used Gattone to commit fraud — and that Bell recently sent Gattone a text message that said the couple never claimed the T-shirt had semen on it."

Man, I wish I was independently wealthy. I would fly to Tuscon just to watch the hearing on Friday. These 2 knuckleheads keep lying and lying and digging the hole deeper and deeper.

http://kokomoperspective.com/sports...cle_06ec0ac7-5a3c-52ba-8030-07e3c6dc74fa.html

Kudos to the reporter Caitlin Schmidt; she's done a great job covering this case.