Passing game

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
We have no passing game because we have a coach who has no clue how to install one. Our routes are straight out of Pop Warner, we can't pass block, our receivers can't beat coverage and we don't have a QB who can throw. I like the option offense, but one would think that after 10 years we could at least recruit some weapons to have a semblance of a passing attack. The fact we don't makes me wonder if CPJ can coach one.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The corner was looking for Brad to do an out for the first down and got beat badly. Glad TQM hit him.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That miss on the interception may be the reason we lose this one. Hope we can hang in and need another score.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
You were saying?

I wouldn’t gloat about going 2-8 passing in a game. Thankfully the 2 he competed were for 140 yards and 2 tds.

The OP may have overreacted on the first play of the game, but if you think we have a competent passing attack, you’re seeing something different than I am.

One thing that I think would improve our passing attack dramatically would be having our QB throw on time. I don’t think we’ve had one in PJ’s tenure. JT did it occasionally, but not consistently. We always have somebody running free, but it feels like our guys can never get to their back foot in time to get the ball out when it needs to come out. Camp had a walk in td and Juene may have had another (on the PI) if the ball was out on time.

Hopefully Marshall will continue to get better and protection will continue to improve. We are going to have to hit some big pass plays to have a shot against the dwags.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Why isn’t our QB perfect during his first year as the starter!! Why did he only complete two TD passes for over 100 yards!!

Why isn’t he able to fly and just make defenders miss by using his super powers!!!

I hate watching the team that I purport to be a fan of! The sun is too bright, grass to green and sky too blue!

Am I doing it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk