Overall thoughts??

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So you are saying talent matters regardless of scheme? I agree. Think what CPJ could do when facing less talent more often. Probably win more championships.

The difference in talent between a Georgia Southern and a Wofford or ETSU in those days would make Alabama vs UAB look balanced.

You will never see that kind of talent disparity in the FBS, especially not within your own conference.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You must not have been tech football very long. I've had my heart ripped from my chest 100 too many times to post such optimism. You'll learn to temper the enthusiasm.

I have been following for a long time as well but taking the opposite approach. I have found that what I expect and what actually happens never correlates one way or the other. But when I start picking them to lose in an attempt to fool they football gods, they were displeased and thus we have had 2 losing seasons in the last three. So that didn't work. Changing my fan approach from bend but don't break to all out blitz on every down. Thus, I fully expect to play in the natty title game about this time next year. And beat Bama in OT.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
One more ( final ! ) thought from me on this thread. I am super jacked about bringing in a fresh defensive coach, scheme, and attitude ! I always admired CTR and enjoyed watching him play. But when I saw him coach at Auburn , I was not impressed. I will never think bad about him , cause he is Tech man, through and through. But it was time for a change.