Our defense is awful...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think Meyer recruits at an equal level to Alabama, though I think it's unfair to compare, say, the head coach at Minnesota to either of them as they're selling different products.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
OK, to get the basics out of the way ... Saban is an outstanding coach and the Alabama program is on a completely different level since he arrived. Moreover, he has improved the entire football program, not just coaching/playing. The real test will come when he steps down ... will his program continue as he laid out or will another savior be hired?

Having said that, I'm not sure what to make of Kirby's arrival at Georgia. A lot of my family went to Alabama and are avid supporters of the Alabama program. All I can say is that the statewide infrastructure that supports Bama is far superior to UGA. When folks have told me that Kirby is going to be the Nick Saban of UGA, I just laugh. Bama, since Bear Bryant arrived in 1958 has had one goal ... win the national championship ... which permeates EVERYTHING. And the intensity and demand for that to happen are on a level that just doesn't exist anywhere else that I've seen or experienced. Even Tech-Georgia ... as good a rivalry as it is ... is nowhere near as do or die as Auburn-Alabama.

I wish Kirby good luck. But he's five, six years at least from fielding the kind of teams I think UGA now expects (I heard that they wanted a perennial Top 5 team).