Our defense is awful...

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Not really, coach was subbing a lot and was working on specific things, if we would have been playing a harder team he would have been doing things a lot different imo.

sorry..PJ is as competitive as anyone in CFB. Playing Mercer had nothing to do with him doing anything other than what he did. This is a bad football team. This was a cupcake and the longest rush from the premiere position (BB) 10 yards? We look and play like a low level D2 team. Honestly, we didn't get any better from week 1 IMO. It will be a real struggle to get bowl eligible.

Last edited:

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I really expected Mercer to get maybe five first downs. They began football in 2013. If we don't improve, it will be a long season.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
No, that defense is bad and the offense may be worse. We out-athleted those guys.

The o was slow to develop, was out of position, and blocked poorly.

The defense was just terrible. I don't know what to say. If we go against a well executing team we are toast.

I wish we had Nicholl's defense.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
sorry..PJ is as competitive as anyone in CFB. Playing Mercer had nothing to do with him doing anything other than what he did. This is a bad football team. This was a cupcake and the longest rush from the premiere position (BB) 10 yards? We look and play like a low level D2 team. Honestly, we didn't get any better from week 1 IMO. It will be a real struggle to get bowl eligible.
Ok, so cpj would have pulled Thomas after the second quarter if we were playing a better team? And the 3rd and 4th quarter would have had all the second string guys in for long periods of times if we were playing a harder team? Come on now, give me some facts to your argument. Not to mention we only had EIGHT drives not counting the last one of the second quarter, and yet we scored on 6 of our drives? Is Clemson or UGA a bad team? Or what about Tennessee? You must not have watched the 2014 season either, because I'm pretty sure we weren't crazy polished at the beginning of the season. Yes cpj coached differently than he would have against Clemson or a more superior team, proof is in the guys that got pulled out of the game, and how much time the back ups got. Am I saying we looked good? No, but you have to look at the whole picture, and of course if we want to compete against other teams we will have to get better, but don't be blind to the fact that cpj didn't play this game to blow them out.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
So again, for sure all fans should have concerns about this team.

I have more confidence in paul to fix any issues on O than i do roof doing anything on D.
After last year, I don't have confidence in Paul. I don't think the players can put what's in Pual's head on the field. I hope I'm wrong.
This game should have been all about working on execution. Instead, everyone regressed and played by feel. You can see this from the horrible positioning on plays.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
You should be taught, if a guy lets you go free something is coming. They ran the same screen four or five times in a row and we fell for it every time. I am at a loss as to why.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure what game you watched.
There's a massive difference in out athleting your opponents and executing well. We looked great last year against Alcott state. How did that help against ND?

Look- I hope I'm wrong. I didn't like anything I saw today. My point is that is the o plays the same way against FSU we don't score a point. I hope I'm wrong.