Our defense is awful...

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to distract, but my critisicm of the o is much more about the ab's than the o-line.

O-like played ok, a-backs were way it of position(wide, back) and only their speed allowed them to make anything resembling a block

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The defense was worrisome... Very worrisome. It's a good thing we didn't win 30-34 against Troy or 26-24 against Nichols state bc otherwise we may have lost like half our fan base.

I'm disappointed for sure and we could have played a lot better. I don't know how to judge the offense bc I don't know what things they were using this game to work on... Defense has no excuse. I thought this would be a boring weekend and yet I watched multiple teams struggle against "cupcakes. " this might be a very weird season. But I'm not panicked yet. I think our defense needs to figure something out for sure but we sat JT all of the second half...

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't get me wrong, I have major concerns about our defense but I don't know that we can take too much from this game. We were extremely conversation subbing constantly and just trying to keep everything in front of us. Had we pressured them at all we could've probably had a pick or two on some of those outs and delayed screens.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This outrage about the offense today is not warranted. We moved the ball at will today. Putting the ball on drives killed 2 potential scoring drives.

Now the defense, ehhhh.... we are not well coached. No way to sugarcoat it. We lose mentally more than anything. I have yet to understand why we are so bad with our eyes. Still making tackles with runners falling forward. I'm not feeling good about where we stand as of NOW.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
After last year, I don't have confidence in Paul. I don't think the players can put what's in Pual's head on the field. I hope I'm wrong.
This game should have been all about working on execution. Instead, everyone regressed and played by feel. You can see this from the horrible positioning on plays.
MJ did

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
DC's come and go and the defense stays the same. Might be time we looked at the common factor.

you must have missed the Tenuta years. or the Ross years. Or even the Black watch years. We can play D on the Flats. it just seems that some years we choose not to for whatever reason.

With that being said,we are 2-0. I don't know when or if we will face a team that IS playing well this year but if we keep winning , i'll be a happy camper.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Not defending Roof, but many coaches use very vanilla defensive packages against cupcake opponents so we don't show off things we do on film. Not saying that's the case specifically, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

We only allowed 3 points after the first drive. You'd think we gave up 30 points today by the way many of you are talking.

We are 2-0. We went 3-9 last year... try to be a little more positive!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not defending Roof, but many coaches use very vanilla defensive packages against cupcake opponents so we don't show off things we do on film. Not saying that's the case specifically, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

We only allowed 3 points after the first drive. You'd think we gave up 30 points today by the way many of you are talking.

We are 2-0. We went 3-9 last year... try to be a little more positive!
Thing is we play a vanilla style D pretty much every game, but we are 2-0!!!

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I think as the season goes on CPJ will see who needs to be on the field more.

Antonio Simmons
Brandon Adams
Qua Searcy (best player on the team)
David Curry.

O-Line will improve (hopefully)

Defense I think is hopeless...unless CPJ starts calling plays lol. We need to blitz more. More 3 and outs like he said. It's awesome to hear how displeased he is at this "bend but don't break" defense. Maybe we will see more aggressive play calling next week.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm worried about Vandy now. Vandy is putting up big numbers against Middle Tenn St. It's 33-14 Vandy at halftime on SECN-A... It's going to be hard to stop their running game with our defense.