OSU

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hey... anybody remember this feeling from seasons past?

Starting pitcher has a solid performance... exits game after 5.0 innings and a 5 run lead. It's Sunday... & bullpen has been used some on Fri & Sat. Need the pen to give you 4 good innings. The 2 guys you can count on are either not available or worn out after too much usage. A few walks... & hard hit balls over 2-3 innings & suddenly the 6-1 game has turned into a 8-6 game. ...and we're hanging on for dear life to get the last few outs to seal the deal.

...perhaps I'm misremembering, though. (y);)

Edit: In 6 wins, bullpen has given up 2 earned runs.

Last edited:

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Hey... anybody remember this feeling from seasons past?

Starting pitcher has a solid performance... exits game after 5.0 innings and a 5 run lead. It's Sunday... & bullpen has been used some on Fri & Sat. Need the pen to give you 4 good innings. The 2 guys you can count on are either not available or worn out after too much usage. A few walks... & hard hit balls over 2-3 innings & suddenly the 6-1 game has turned into a 8-6 game. ...and we're hanging on for dear life to get the last few outs to seal the deal.

...perhaps I'm misremembering, though. (y);)

Edit: In 6 wins, bullpen has given up 2 earned runs.
It's a new day! Beat Georgie!!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
From people who saw the game, was The Baron really good defensively? WREK announcer made it seem that way. Especially the inning ending diving catch.

Just remember what CPJ said, it's never as good as it seems and never as bad as it seems. But Damn this was a good weekend.

Yes, he ran down a few balls for some great gets and also the diving catch was clutch.

Should be interesting to see if the rankings move much or any. I think they're a bit biased, but we'll see....
  • Florida swept Miami. (Tough series for sure)
  • DBU took 2 and won series from UNC at UNC!
  • GT sweeps Ohio State (former Big10 Champs) at Home YESSSSS!!!!
  • Northwestern won series vs. SC at SC!
  • Oregon State won series vs. Hail State
  • Longbeach won series vs Wake Forest.
  • Uconn won series vs Michigan

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Maxwell makes the list for pitchers too. I could see him being one of the marquee names in the conference as early as next year if he can get some polish on him.
His breaking ball was getting squeezed early. I imagine he is tough to catch and tough to call -- nobody will stay in on a borderline call when 96 is occasionally spiked in front of the plate or thrown under dudes' chins. If he gets his command a little more settled, he could be really tough.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maxwell makes the list for pitchers too. I could see him being one of the marquee names in the conference as early as next year if he can get some polish on him.

Maybe that's why he's a weekend starter for us when we have had alternatives.

Sunday against uGag will be very telling if he starts.

As always, I don't really care if the leash is short.