OSU

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
They should let Bartnicki close or relieve tomorrow. We’re gunna to need him against tough opponents like uga and ACC teams throughout the season. Have a freshman start the weekday series like Finley or Dalton!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
They should let Bartnicki close or relieve tomorrow. We’re gunna to need him against tough opponents like uga and ACC teams throughout the season. Have a freshman start the weekday series like Finley or Dalton!
I think that's maybe been the plan all along. His start on Tues ended up being sort of a freebie since he was just never needed opening weekend.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Finally back and got to see a game live. Nice to see the pitching, especially happy to see Archer pitch so well.

Would have been a shut-out, except Roedig walked the two first batters in the 2nd, and they got one run home after that and then we committed two errors to give them their other run. Given how poorly I thought we hit, we needed shut-down pitching, and we got it. Defense was generally a strength even overlooking Webb's errors (and his second error was 3 inches from being a perfectly thrown double play feed).

Highlight of the game for me was seeing Baron come through on an 0-2 count with a solid single to drive in a run in the 5th (?). Last year he was a sure whiff in that situation.

Happy to see us sitting at 5-1. UGa will be tough for us next weekend. We need as many of these other wins as we can rack up.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
That old announcer is HORRIBLE. Making mistakes and just annoying speak. Like the other guy. Good comments. The other guy is missing names, outs, counts, augh.....

LibertyTurns

Banned
Damn GT app has yesterday’s game stuck on Top of 3rd and us down 1-0. Game is listed as a 1-0 loss. How can we be this bad at Tech stuff? Many of our students were developing web apps in 6th grade.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
GTapp is brutal every time always. I watch live stats and/or espn if available.

..And I don't think it's fair to say that we hit poorly. When/if Lonsway throws strikes with that stuff, he's tough to hit at nearly any level.
In 11 IP of ACC* ball he's struck out 24 w/ 6BB, 2WP and 2HBP (OSU's guldberg strategy)

*pitt+gt

Really encouraging to see Cort get settled. He is fun to watch when he gets the corners.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
We need better cameras at home field. Resolution horrible and jumpy. Not sure if our issue or ESPN/ACCN? Looks like someone is filming with their phone.....

Deleted member 2897

5-1 GT at the start of B4. GO GO GO!!!!!

We’ve given up but 1 hit. We have a double and 2 HRs.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don't tell the freshman SP. NO pressure, young man. Just something the team only managed to do one time last season..... v Western Carolina. :)
I purchased you a new broom today, since you threw yours out last year.
Find those batting gloves to wear because they’ll be a whole lot of sweeping going on this year, and we don’t want you to have blisters.;)