Only off topic coversations!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
good hire

but this part confuses me ( Key also hired Kyle Pope formerly of Memphis as outside linebackers coach earlier this week.) what defense are we going to run ? I thought we only had 2 LB's

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
good hire

but this part confuses me ( Key also hired Kyle Pope formerly of Memphis as outside linebackers coach earlier this week.) what defense are we going to run ? I thought we only had 2 LB's

probably a 3-4. with a 245 nickle. but a 3-4 that looks more like a 3-3-5 with a hybrid backer nickle.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Maybe but a Duke he run the same defense as us ( but alot better)

A 42-5 and a 2-4-5 often use the same alignments since very often your OLB's are your pass rushers in that alignment. I didn't watch a lot of duke this year but would be curious if he favored using line backers as edges.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Does Santucci like the right kind of cornbread though? Did Key properly vet that before hiring?

leaving fox entertainment GIF by Fox TV

Georgia Tech Fan
What is the current status of Coleman and Sherrer? Is our on field staff complete now? It seems we are still short on man but I am a little confused.

slugboy

Staff member
What is the current status of Coleman and Sherrer? Is our on field staff complete now? It seems we are still short on man but I am a little confused.
Looks like Coleman and Sherrer are gone

We don’t have a DB coach yet

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
Isn’t Sherrer moving into an analyst job with the team? I thought I heard he wanted more time with family and kind of step back, I could be wrong.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn’t Sherrer moving into an analyst job with the team? I thought I heard he wanted more time with family and kind of step back, I could be wrong.
He said that the DC job required more time from him and time away from family than he was prepared for. To me that implies he’d step back from DC but didn’t necessarily imply he’d step back from being in his previous position coach role. Though I guess we filled it so point is moot.