On to Miami

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Your confidence does you credit. However, Tech has drawn the attention of CFN for this game as they have the over in this game at 58 as being #2 on their ten best bets column. The author explained that he thinks it is a done deal because Miami will get almost all of that 58 points by themselves. IIWII
Have you ever known these guys to be wrong?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Weather not looking good for the game. Could be a long night waiting to start the game.

Looking deeper into the weather scenario, the hourly forecast begins to turn towards thunderstorms at 5:00 p.m. It goes as follows:

5:00 - Scattered Thunderstorms
6:00 - Thunderstorms
7:00 - Thunderstorms
8:00 - Thunderstorms
9:00 - Scattered Thunderstorms
10:00 - Scattered Thunderstorms
11:00 - Scattered Thunderstorms

Last edited:

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Are you saying the Jackets spent the week before BG practicing for Miami?
Maybe you meant Miami, which has had two weeks off to practice for Tech, but your statement is somewhat ambiguous.
I thought my statement was clearly inferred. LOL

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s fair to say neither team played last week so there’s that. Last week’s game takes us to 1-9 ATS in our last 10 as a home favorite.

ATS, we’re 4-1 against Miami in our last five matchups. And Miami has not covered well as a home favorite being 2-5 ATS with their coach. While I think the game will be close, there’s a backdoor possibility for GT to cover as I’d imagine Miami will start pulling folks if they get up big early.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Weather not looking good for the game. Could be a long night waiting to start the game.

Looking deeper into the weather scenario, the hourly forecast begins to turn towards thunderstorms at 5:00 p.m. It goes as follows:
‘Course, these weather guys also said it would bright and sunny for the SC State game the night before. Their track record is worse than a politician.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how well (or not?) our Jackets play against the Hurricanes, after two weeks of practice and game-planning for them.

Retro GIF by Sound FX

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Both teams getting stiff and frozen up from sitting around waiting is not what I want to see. 🙁

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
We all need to meditate before the game and, hopefully, become “comfortably numb” to what is going to happen.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The ghost of Reggie Ball and GT's win will rise again tonight...

Reggie probably loved to play against Miami. They talk smack to him and he would give it right back like he was a running back or something. This was the game I was referencing earlier that a poster reminded me that I had the years wrong. The Miami line had no answers for the blitzing Jackets who bagged the Hurricane quarterback 9 times during the course of the game. 2005 was the year and it was truly an upset for the ages. Miami was number 3 in the country and had just two weeks prior stomped a number 5 ranked Virginia Tech team. Poor Larry Corker never really recovered from that whipping and the even bigger one a few weeks later at a bowl when LSU just wiped them out 40-3. Randy Shannon was the defensive coordinator for those talented Miami teams around the turn of the century.

Last edited:

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate to surface this but you almost have to laugh. BG is getting steam rolled by Miami-Ohio right now. 0-24 beginning of the 4th.
It is truly hard to think of a single fbs team to have a more embarrassing L against. Alright I’m done with it.