On to Miami

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to believe but the poor tackling and lack of effort at times leads me to disagree with you about the players. There is very little talent and not a whole lot of want to that I can see. That said, the coaching has been pretty bad as well. It is just a sad situation all the way around. Miami is a 21 or so point favorite. I would not be surprised to see them blow us out by four or five touchdowns. They are really good this year after so many times of the "U is back" being a mirage.
Miami is scary good. As I said elsewhere, we could show tremendous improvement from the beginning of the season, and last Saturday, and still suffer our worst loss of the season. iiwis.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree, my biggest hope is improvement from our LB's, which I believe is our weakest unit on defense. They have been out of position and at times invisible ??
Yu. My only fear is that the LB Coach we just promoted to DC maybe hit be responsible for this. But, I am a fan and thus by definition don’t know what I am talking about

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Miami is scary good. As I said elsewhere, we could show tremendous improvement from the beginning of the season, and last Saturday, and still suffer our worst loss of the season. iiwis.
My hope is that we can crank up our passing game and stay with them. We have a solid line for pass blocking (can't believe I'm saying that after the last four years) which has only allowed 6 sacks all season. We have a QB who, when he's on, is top drawer. We have some really good receivers. Crank up that passing game and hold onto the ball, and we might have a chance. And do whatever we have to do to pressure the QB. They're 4-0 but have only played one P-5 opponent. They have to be coming into this one overconfident, at least subconsciously - we have that Miami swagger going for us.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm in the minority here I know. I actually believe that we stay within 7-10 points. For whatever reason, Miami is a team that we usually play well against. I think our team comes out fired up after last week's debacle and plays well.

diehard

Georgia Tech Fan
We need to move past BG. The guys are putting in the work and we need to continue to look forward. All the pi$$ and vinegar we can spew out won't change the outcome from this past Saturday.

So, who's going to Miami? I'm not, but will be at the local cigar club (my house with my cigar buddies) watching and cheering. What are yall gonna do?

Beat the 'canes!
You can't be serious. I love GT more than anyone I know. They have no chance.

diehard

Georgia Tech Fan
"You can't be serious. I love Bowling Green more than anyone I know. They have no chance." — Some BG fan last week, probably.
If you don't think last week's loss set the program back years, not sure how much you follow football. When can continue this Saturday night about 10 and you can recant. GA Tech will never win until they hire a coach who can recruit. A proven winner. It takes money.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'm in the minority here I know. I actually believe that we stay within 7-10 points. For whatever reason, Miami is a team that we usually play well against. I think our team comes out fired up after last week's debacle and plays well.
Your confidence does you credit. However, Tech has drawn the attention of CFN for this game as they have the over in this game at 58 as being #2 on their ten best bets column. The author explained that he thinks it is a done deal because Miami will get almost all of that 58 points by themselves. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Your memory of that game is not correct. We won in overtime because Miami had 3 missed/blocked field goals during regulation.
Quite so, I meant to reference the game that Tech got 9 count em, sacks on the much heralded young Miami quarterback. I don't think the poor fellow ever got over the trauma. This was when Chan was coaching and I am pretty sure Calvin caught a touchdown pass. The defense played lights out. I will see if I can find the year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oh No! MIAMI dumped Kevin Steeke at DC. At Ckemson he could never stop our 3 option - they canned him only after w boat raced them and then West Va laid 70 on them

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how well (or not?) our Jackets play against the Hurricanes, after two weeks of practice and game-planning for them.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
If you don't think last week's loss set the program back years, not sure how much you follow football. When can continue this Saturday night about 10 and you can recant. GA Tech will never win until they hire a coach who can recruit. A proven winner. It takes money.
Are you a big AA donor?