On to Miami

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We need to move past BG. The guys are putting in the work and we need to continue to look forward. All the pi$$ and vinegar we can spew out won't change the outcome from this past Saturday.

So, who's going to Miami? I'm not, but will be at the local cigar club (my house with my cigar buddies) watching and cheering. What are yall gonna do?

Beat the 'canes!

JacketFan137

Banned
the u fans have consistently been some of the most obnoxious fans we see in the dodd every other year and that’s saying something when we see duke fans, clemson fans and dog fans.

we better win and put an end to the yearly MIAMI IS BACK narratives

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some big improvements needed on D to win. If that happens we should improve on these stats.
"The Jackets have one the nation’s worst units when it comes to third and first down defense (105th and 102nd, respectively), red zone defense (119th), scoring defense (103rd) and total defense (112th).
Only Louisiana Tech and North Texas have allowed more rushing yards per game than Tech’s 224.2."

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
PFF currently has Miami graded as the #1 overall team in FBS, including the #3 overall offense (#5 graded passing attack and #3 graded rushing attack).

Miami’s defense is graded #26 overall, and have the #2 graded rush defense and #4 graded pass rush in the nation. Despite the pass rush, they’ve had issues in pass coverage, as they’re graded #78 in that category (133 FBS teams).

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well last week I really had no concern about BG because their offense had been so putrid all season, I guess I forgot they were playing GT's defense.

This week I have not much hope in this game, so maybe GT will win.

That said, if i'm Cristobal, i'm telling my OC he better be planning on running at least 60% of the time. GT has one of the worst rush defenses in the country and Miami is avg 6.9 ypc. Based on the stats they should be able to simply run up and down the field on GT - unless GT just decides to overload the box, in which case then Miami can go play action with Van Dyke.

GT's 2 wins have come against an FCS team and the one team we've played with an awful rated QB. Van Dyke is not an awful rated QB.

All that said, GT is 4-3 on the road under Key - let's go make it 5-3.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I can't go... and don't want to as Miami fans are some of the worst around. BUT YOU KNOW MY BUTT WILL BE GLUED TO MY COUCH AT 8PM SATURDAY NIGHT!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just a happy thought
Coaching sons east texas 2a hs team is very young, can pass and catch, couldn't rush utm , and have been absolutely un believably horrible at tackling. 3 games ago he went full passing (roll outs, max protect) and they average 55. Won one shoot out and lost one. This week he went full blitz mode against a pretty good district team and held them to under thirty while scoring 58.
Sophmores are growing up under leadership of a few solid sr and jr. Lots of smiles in a small town of average folk

Oh, about Miami, we only can hope for a morale victory. How bout the defense' stop them a few times in first half. No long slow drives to wear us out.
Then lets see if King pass their Xss. Love to see King open up and dominate their qb. This could keep him even w UNC May in leading acc in passing stats. KING was picked dead last in preseason.
Do this and we make a NEW NARRATIVE.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a happy thought
Coaching sons east texas 2a hs team is very young, can pass and catch, couldn't rush utm , and have been absolutely un believably horrible at tackling. 3 games ago he went full passing (roll outs, max protect) and they average 55. Won one shoot out and lost one. This week he went full blitz mode against a pretty good district team and held them to under thirty while scoring 58.
Sophmores are growing up under leadership of a few solid sr and jr. Lots of smiles in a small town of average folk

Oh, about Miami, we only can hope for a morale victory. How bout the defense' stop them a few times in first half. No long slow drives to wear us out.
Then lets see if King pass their Xss. Love to see King open up and dominate their qb. This could keep him even w UNC May in leading acc in passing stats. KING was picked dead last in preseason.
Do this and we make a NEW NARRATIVE.
The only moral victory is the team playing hard.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Oh, about Miami, we only can hope for a morale victory.
We can hope for a W on the scoreboard. As long as I've watched college football, I've learned that the thing you can expect to happen is the unexpected.
We bounce off this game and go down there breathing fire. Meanwhile, Miami has chalked us up as a "gimme" and comes out flat. Next thing you know, it's a damned ball game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We can hope for a W on the scoreboard. As long as I've watched college football, I've learned that the thing you can expect to happen is the unexpected.
We bounce off this game and go down there breathing fire. Meanwhile, Miami has chalked us up as a "gimme" and comes out flat. Next thing you know, it's a damned ball game.
I dont buy into the players suck and were dogging it in bg game.
They had an attack scheme. On 3rd and short they faked dive and passed. We were on our heals.

The only thing on fire is fhe coaches scheeming the next series.

Miami has spent tons on coaches. If our coaches out scheme them and we come lose to w, thats great.

I hope we show our path to a running game is bad xss schemed up passing attack.