Ole Miss @ GT

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Put all your savings on GT to win straight up.
I'm going to be at the game and am pretty pumped up. WTBS, should I do this with my life savings OR go to the V and get two chili slaw dogs, fries and a large FO with same?

In other words should I gamble or take the sure thing here???? I'm rather risk intolerant fwiw. TIA for any input here.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm going to be at the game and am pretty pumped up. WTBS, should I do this with my life savings OR go to the V and get two chili slaw dogs, fries and a large FO with same?

In other words should I gamble or take the sure thing here???? I'm rather risk intolerant fwiw. TIA for any input here.
Take the sure thing....GT money line +500

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I mean I actually like the Varisty, but I wouldn’t have the man beaten…his comments about our program are spot on. We’re a dumpster fire. The quicker we all admit that, the better off we’ll be.
He wouldn’t last long as a poster on this board. His view of the state of the program is… discouraged.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
He wouldn’t last long as a poster on this board. His view of the state of the program is… discouraged.
Disagree. Viewpoints are not discouraged, but posts that violate the rules (which everyone agrees to when registering) are. This includes spammy posts that read like someone has a bot set up to reply "9 in 3" to every other post.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
From the Rumble Seat should be boycotted by Tech fans. Three guys who contribute to From the Rumble Seat do a discussion among themselves that is posted from time to time. They did one after the spring game. Not one of them attended the spring game. That's how knowledgeable they are. They have relentlessly attacked this program. The guy who does the stat analysis on there does the same. It does not surprise me that the subheading is "Geoff Collins ain't surviving the season".

I don't care if you like Collins, don't like him, or are ambivalent, their comments are damaging recruiting. The guys on 247 have pointed out that Tech has been the subject of an enormous amount of negative recruiting. Sites like that can be shown to recruits by other coaches.

From the Rumble Seat is anti-Georgia Tech football. Even if you believe Collins should be gone, we still need talent in the program. Damage to recruiting will have long term negative effects. From the Rumble Seat should be boycotted by Tech fans.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
From the Rumble Seat should be boycotted by Tech fans. Three guys who contribute to From the Rumble Seat do a discussion among themselves that is posted from time to time. They did one after the spring game. Not one of them attended the spring game. That's how knowledgeable they are. They have relentlessly attacked this program. The guy who does the stat analysis on there does the same. It does not surprise me that the subheading is "Geoff Collins ain't surviving the season".

I don't care if you like Collins, don't like him, or are ambivalent, their comments are damaging recruiting. The guys on 247 have pointed out that Tech has been the subject of an enormous amount of negative recruiting. Sites like that can be shown to recruits by other coaches.

From the Rumble Seat is anti-Georgia Tech football. Even if you believe Collins should be gone, we still need talent in the program. Damage to recruiting will have long term negative effects. From the Rumble Seat should be boycotted by Tech fans.
Agree that the Q&A article reads like FTRS' staff writer Josh Brundage has a real ax to grind with CGC. I have read other articles from them that seem objective and even-handed, such as their recent Advanced Stats reviews. They point out both negatives and positives and thoughts about utilizing our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses that seem well thought out. Perhaps I am blind to some of their biases.

Frankly, if I wanted to negative recruit GT I could easily find plenty of material on this site and several other fan sites.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Disagree. Viewpoints are not discouraged, but posts that violate the rules (which everyone agrees to when registering) are. This includes spammy posts that read like someone has a bot set up to reply "9 in 3" to every other post.
Not really directed at you but I wonder about this site sometimes. There is no other Tech site, or fan site in general that I know of that is constantly filled with back and forth between negative people and people who are mad at them for being negative. What is it about this particular site that sparks that kind environment?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agree that the Q&A article reads like FTRS' staff writer Josh Brundage has a real ax to grind with CGC. I have read other articles from them that seem objective and even-handed, such as their recent Advanced Stats reviews. They point out both negatives and positives and thoughts about utilizing our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses that seem well thought out. Perhaps I am blind to some of their biases.

Frankly, if I wanted to negative recruit GT I could easily find plenty of material on this site and several other fan sites.

I’ll take Binion “advanced analytics” with a grain of salt as well

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I agree 100%. Case in point, not only is there “analysis” heavily biased but it is also inaccurate

Case in point:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not really directed at you but I wonder about this site sometimes. There is no other Tech site, or fan site in general that I know of that is constantly filled with back and forth between negative people and people who are mad at them for being negative. What is it about this particular site that sparks that kind environment?
I'll take a stab at that. IMO, it's because this site tries to moderate and take a middle of the road approach. Probably the oldest Tech board is moderated heavily with little or no back and forth or perceived negativity allowed. The other Tech boards (asides from this one) have and promote a "no holds barred approach" so there is almost no moderation. Virtually anything is allowed to be posted and the viewers have come to understand that. This board attempts to seek the balance somehow. It's tricky and some people don't like it nor is it even meant to be for everyone. I feel like there is something for every type of poster though with the 3-4 options that I know of (there may be more, I just don't know).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

The fact that alternate viewpoints are allowed maybe?