Okogie makes USA Under 19 team.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This game is UGLY...and it ain't got no alibi.

Calipari needs to put Okogie in so I have a reason to watch this pick up game.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Iran fouls every time down the floor, so we get no flow on offense. USA needs to get more in sync on defense, despite what the score says.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Iran fouls every time down the floor, so we get no flow on offense. USA needs to get more in sync on defense, despite what the score says.

It seems to me that USA became undisciplined on both sides once the lead was established.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not too many chances for Josh to score, but he's putting in effort on the boards (not necessarily getting them, but mixing it up), playing decent defense (whole team needs to improve, including Josh), and has had some nice passes for assists.

Should note that Josh appears to be playing a combo forward position with Lou King around Brandon McCoy at center.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched about 10 min of the game. While I take the comment about needing to be better on D, my perception was that the whole team was playing in second gear - including JO.
It looked more like an overmatched AAU game with the US pressuring Iran into a lot of live ball TOs and playing faster than they wanted to.