Ohio

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We're a 3.5 point underdog to Ohio on our home court. Whew..that's a tough pill to swallow, but I think that we can win it.

Need our best defensive effort of the year, and improved work on the boards. Looking forward to attending!

Go Jackets!!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
One review/blurb from a MAC preseason rating. Ohio at #2

#2 Ohio Bobcats (23-12, 11-7 MAC)
Always a tough out in the league, Ohio had few blemishes last season but getting swept by Akron in the regular season and getting dropped in the MAC Tournament semifinals 88-74 by Buffalo had to stick in the craw of a proud basketball program. Led by arguably the best player in the MAC in Antonio Campbell with 19.1 ppg and 25 blocks in MAC play as well as double-digit scorers Jaaron Simmons and Kenny Kaminsky, the Bobcats are looking to make another, more fruitful run in Cleveland. The ‘Cats have an ACC clash with Georgia Tech (Nov. 18) in the non-conference portion of the schedule, while Eastern and Western Michigan are the West teams they’ll double-up on.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We can't miss as many free throws as we did against Southern and hope to win. I like the strategy Pastner employs: Make more FTs than they attempt. It gives the team a measure other than just make more free throws. We need to be fundamentally sound and I would be willing to bet we don't see a lot of our bench depth this game. If we have good stamina I think we have a pretty good shot

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It is early in the year (2 games) but they are shooting almost 50% from 3pt land. Mostly with 3 guys - 2 of which are 6'9" and 6'8". So the matchups are going to be interesting. Lammers likely will match up with Campbell who is averaging 17 and can step out to 3 point land (40%). Q and AD most likely will have to run with Kaminski who is averaging 16 and is almost 70% from 3. One guard Dartis who is also averaging 16 and can shoot from deep 50%. The rest looks like mix and match with those 3 being the primary scorers.

I don't care if you are playing horse those are some legit numbers :cry: But I am more interested to see how we match up as it won't be our classic guards shooting outside big guys staying in the paint matchup. May be that we see more point zone today to keep someone in front of the shooter and try to force Campbell back inside.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It is early in the year (2 games) but they are shooting almost 50% from 3pt land. Mostly with 3 guys - 2 of which are 6'9" and 6'8". So the matchups are going to be interesting. Lammers likely will match up with Campbell who is averaging 17 and can step out to 3 point land (40%). Q and AD most likely will have to run with Kaminski who is averaging 16 and is almost 70% from 3. One guard Dartis who is also averaging 16 and can shoot from deep 50%. The rest looks like mix and match with those 3 being the primary scorers.

I don't care if you are playing horse those are some legit numbers :cry: But I am more interested to see how we match up as it won't be our classic guards shooting outside big guys staying in the paint matchup. May be that we see more point zone today to keep someone in front of the shooter and try to force Campbell back inside.
Look for us to be in the 1-3-1 most of the game .

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Did my best to get students at the game today. Handed out around 400 fliers advertising McCamish Maniacs and the game tonight. I was personally very surprised as to how many people didn't know (a) there was a game and (b) that the game was free. Hopefully its a good turnout. this will be an early test for us for sure.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Did my best to get students at the game today. Handed out around 400 fliers advertising McCamish Maniacs and the game tonight. I was personally very surprised as to how many people didn't know (a) there was a game and (b) that the game was free. Hopefully its a good turnout. this will be an early test for us for sure.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. I've had season tix since Bosh & Jack were freshmen. I've watched the student sections ebb and flow over the years, but they have pretty predictably been half empty (or worse) unless we are playing UGA, UNC, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse or (in the old days) Maryland.

There is one guy who is incredibly passionate these days. He always stands and paces in front of the stands in the endzone with the band. He is almost always dressed in some type of costume and he clearly loves the Jackets. Just wish we had more like him

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. I've had season tix since Bosh & Jack were freshmen. I've watched the student sections ebb and flow over the years, but they have pretty predictably been half empty (or worse) unless we are playing UGA, UNC, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse or (in the old days) Maryland.

There is one guy who is incredibly passionate these days. He always stands and paces in front of the stands in the endzone with the band. He is almost always dressed in some type of costume and he clearly loves the Jackets. Just wish we had more like him

That dude made an outfit change at halftime of the TN Tech game.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I noticed that too.... serious dedication! Some kind of genie get up for first half and he went all Dan'l Boone for second. Wonder what tonight brings?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
My dad and brother just got to the game(don't yell at me for not going, I'm taking care of my mom from her surgery today....and also able to watch the hawks, tech, and GA state (who are up 4 @ #15 Purdue) :) ) and said around 10 people are in the building lol welp