Ohio

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Especially tough when we don't really have a go-to guy at this point. Hopefully we see josh or tadraic make big strides into that role this year. I have my reservations about tj but he's got way too much talent to not make an impact. He's shown some flashes so far this year

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Officiating doesn't win or lose games. I lost track of how many hurried / bad shots TJ & Lammers forced in the last 6 minutes. They're not used to being the go-to guys in crunch time. They panicked and it showed. I'm ok with that, as they have to learn in games. These experiences could help when we have a close game in ACC time and need them to remain calm and get us a good look for a win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Interesting comments from the Ohio Coach. Hope he's right.

/

F that clown, his condescending "compliment" and his out of control players.

Oh, you have a "great" team but you barely beat a team everybody expects to stink, huh?

" Uh, GT will be better than people think."

I see what you're doing, coach.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
This can be expected unfortunately. Cjp knew what he was taking over. I just want to see some progress and player development. All it will take is one big recruit to commit and it may start something big here. Listening to his interviews preseason, I feel like he will get it done on the recruiting trail. I just hope we fans stay behind him and the program through these first couple years. We've had too many "rebuilding years" in a row, for any of our liking, but this is where we are at right now. All in all, I think we are in good hands with this coach.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I didn't watch but why the F is Q taking 9 shots in a game? I want kidding when I said he's the worst 3 year starter on a major college program in the entire country. For being in his 4th year how has he not learned to play to his strengths which is certainly not shooting the ball. Learn to use your length to be a great passer who something. I guarantee you can look over the past 4 years and see a correlation between how many shots Q has attempted and how many points we lost by.

If Okogie shoots 2-13 we're just gonna have to live with that. In year 4, we shouldn't be losing a game because Q hasn't learned what he can and can't do.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I didn't watch but why the F is Q taking 9 shots in a game? I want kidding when I said he's the worst 3 year starter on a major college program in the entire country. For being in his 4th year how has he not learned to play to his strengths which is certainly not shooting the ball. Learn to use your length to be a great passer who something. I guarantee you can look over the past 4 years and see a correlation between how many shots Q has attempted and how many points we lost by.

If Okogie shoots 2-13 we're just gonna have to live with that. In year 4, we shouldn't be losing a game because Q hasn't learned what he can and can't do.
We are 2-1 and Q has taken the same number of shots in each game. Granted, they were not going in last night, but he was taking good shots. He is inconsistent as a shooter, but his A/TO ratio is almost 3/1. He's averaging 10 points and six rebounds. He is not my favorite player for sure, but let's be fair.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
First game I watch this year and I'm either a hopeless optimist or that brand of basketball is sooooooo much better than what has roles out here the last few years. Also Moore is extremely fast and quick. He has much more upside than I originally thought. Just wish he could finish better. I was very surprised Matthews didn't play at all. I do think this is a fun team to watch. Oh and the ESPN 3 announcers were very pro-Ohio. We literally led the 35 mins of this game. If you would have just listened to them, you would have thought we never got withing 10 points.

I think good things are coming and I really think Sexton missed the boat with not coming here. Partner's offense seems to be really centered around the point guard. Oh well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the AJC - "It should not necessarily rate as a surprise; the guards on the floor for the Jackets over the final 2:47 were two freshmen (Okogie and Moore), a senior who played 22 minutes last season (Corey Heyward) and junior Tadric Jackson, who was not typically on the floor in end-game situations in his first two seasons."
Granted Heath is not currently available, but I think that says a good bit about "the future" that Okogie and Moore were running the show at the end of the game.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I have watched all three games... count me a person who is extremely excited about the future... I know we are going to lose a lot of games this year. We all knew that and we all know we would really struggle to score. But the progress of Lammers is nothing short of a miracle, the freshman are playing well, and I really like the brand of basketball. If Q and Tadic come along, we could make some waves.

Pastner will recruit and I believe that GT is on its way back up in Basketball.

MISSOURIJACKET

Georgia Tech Fan
What worries me is that Pastner plays Lammers the whole game. Other teams will figure this out real soon and start going right at Lammers to get him in foul trouble. Granted, they don't have any other proven post players but he has to play Ogbonda some to get him some experience. This will not only help this year but the next three as well.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I have watched all three games... count me a person who is extremely excited about the future... I know we are going to lose a lot of games this year. We all knew that and we all know we would really struggle to score. But the progress of Lammers is nothing short of a miracle, the freshman are playing well, and I really like the brand of basketball. If Q and Tadic come along, we could make some waves.

Pastner will recruit and I believe that GT is on its way back up in Basketball.

Q is not going to suddenly improve after 3+ years. He is what he is. Last night against a top tier MAC team he looked slow. If he is hitting we have a shot at a win. If he is not, we are probably effed.

You knew Okogie would come back to earth at some point. Even though he didn't put many points up last night he still did a lot of good things

Justin Moore has way more upside that I originally thought he just needs to know "when" (when to push, when to pump the breaks, when to pull it back) and he needs to put up 1000 FTs a day. I can live with a PG who struggles from deep, but he needs to shoot FTs well.

Lammers is the man

AD and Sly should NEVER be on the floor together

Jax's jumper looks so much better. Confidence looks good on him.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
We won't beat anybody on a night where Q and Okogie combine to go 3/22. I'm honestly surprised we kept it as close as we did (thank you Lammers and Jax). Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can say the 3/22 was an "anomaly" necessarily (especially Qs 1/9), but what it does show me is that we very easily could have won that game if we were even marginally better. Some of Qs shots weren't even in the same area code...

Anyways, not gonna get too beat up by the loss, but in what is going to be a very long season we need to win every game we have a chance at winning and it sucks to lead for the majority of the game and then fall apart at the end.