Offseason workouts

Deleted member 2897

And it's especially crazy that he broke the school record and he hasn't even finished his true freshman year!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I am guessing it is a position – based record.

Yes they are. And fyi if i recall under chans staff he scrapped records kept by oleary. Or maybe that was early under pauls staff. Because guys who broke "records" i clearly recall higher numbers under gol by some of our players. So who knows. But at WR this is definitely way up there. Move him to S

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Very impressive stuff. My only concern is the chance of injury and losing a guy for the season or ruining a career. I'm no expert on form but the super wide feet looks like it puts serious pressure on the knees. I hope our SC coaches are closely monitoring these max lift contests.

On a positive note, I love seeing our guys working hard to improve themselves and the camaraderie developing within the squad!

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
Very impressive stuff. My only concern is the chance of injury and losing a guy for the season or ruining a career. I'm no expert on form but the super wide feet looks like it puts serious pressure on the knees. I hope our SC coaches are closely monitoring these max lift contests.

I saw that too the first time I watched the clip and my heart skipped a beat thinking I was about to see a horrendous injury. His feet go very wide. Quaide's form is his clip is much better.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I saw that too the first time I watched the clip and my heart skipped a beat thinking I was about to see a horrendous injury. His feet go very wide. Quaide's form is his clip is much better.
Just watched the Quaide vid. Wow! (The the part that makes me wince on that one is the wrists.) Also, noticed how nonchalant the ST coach is in the background.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
My only concern is the chance of injury and losing a guy for the season or ruining a career. I'm no expert on form but the super wide feet looks like it puts serious pressure on the knees. I hope our SC coaches are closely monitoring these max lift contests.

My thoughts exactly.

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
Just watched the Quaide vid. Wow! (The the part that makes me wince on that one is the wrists.) Also, noticed how nonchalant the ST coach is in the background.

Good eye. I was so busy watching Quaide's feet after watching Jalen's lift that I didn't notice the wrists. (Or the ST in the background.) In both Jalen's and Quaide's lifts, they have their elbows down. Quaide more so than Jalen. To avoid stress on the wrists you usually want to try to get you elbows up when cleaning.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

On a positive note, I love seeing our guys working hard to improve themselves and the camaraderie developing within the squad!
Camp didn't have really good form, I'm not even sure it would have counted in competition. He didn't drop his squat down far enough. Q had the better form, and although he had a ton of pressure on his wrist, the back is probably the most injured thing in those kind of workouts. If you can't keep the form it's to heavy. I would like to see camp go down in weight. I'm fine with Q though as long as it's not an everyday thing.

Deleted member 2897

I wonder if this apparent lack of oversight (I don't see any S&C coaches pointing out form) contributed to some of our injuries in the past. I'm not a weight lifting aficionado, so I don't know if the two could be related or not. But we definitely don't want our strength and conditioning program to turn into some crossfit competition.