Offseason Media 2024

slugboy

Staff member
Really how well GT does this season is all about the defense and health.
I was in the car today, and briefly turned on local sports radio. I’m probably dumber than I was before listening.
Mike Bell talked about watching Duke in person last year, saying “Man, I was surprised. Those guys were physical. They’re all at A&M now, but I was impressed”.**
A couple of those guys are here, and maybe we look a little different on defense—not scheme, but how we play.

**if he picks up on something, it’s apparent

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just some nice confirmations of what most here know.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
"Just some nice confirmations of what most here know.

I was really disappointed after reading this article. It's like Chad didn't even watch the game. This was his comment about the wide receivers...

"Elsewhere, Tech showcased its depth at running back with Jamal Haynes, Trey Cooley and newcomer Anthony Carrie, and at wide receiver with Eric Singleton, Malik Rutherford, Chase Lane, Christian Leary and Abdul Janneh. And, of course, the offense is in solid hands at quarterback with returning starter Haynes King."

No mention of Elko, Stanton, and Zion Taylor, the three wide receivers who absolutely balled out. No mention of Pyron who had a great throw to end the first half. No mention of Aaron Philo who actually looked better than Pyron (not suggesting he's better or taking or #2) and looked electric. Christian Leary didn't play and Chase Lane made 1 catch? Again, it's like he didn't watch the game at all.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I was really disappointed after reading this article. It's like Chad didn't even watch the game. This was his comment about the wide receivers...

"Elsewhere, Tech showcased its depth at running back with Jamal Haynes, Trey Cooley and newcomer Anthony Carrie, and at wide receiver with Eric Singleton, Malik Rutherford, Chase Lane, Christian Leary and Abdul Janneh. And, of course, the offense is in solid hands at quarterback with returning starter Haynes King."

No mention of Elko, Stanton, and Zion Taylor, the three wide receivers who absolutely balled out. No mention of Pyron who had a great throw to end the first half. No mention of Aaron Philo who actually looked better than Pyron (not suggesting he's better or taking or #2) and looked electric. Christian Leary didn't play and Chase Lane made 1 catch? Again, it's like he didn't watch the game at all.
I suspect the players Chad mentioned will determine the success of the offense. The other guys will play if injuries pile up or not see meaningful action more than likely

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I suspect the players Chad mentioned will determine the success of the offense. The other guys will play if injuries pile up or not see meaningful action more than likely
Yeah, but the article wasn't about the future players, etc., it was about the Spring Game. If it were a different article, that'd be fine.

Edit: okay, maybe it was a more general article. Although I was really impressed with Zion Taylor. He didn't mention Big #1 who had 3 catches, including a nice TD pass. But in my defense, the section I quoted was about where "Tech showcased its depth at...wide receiver..."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Come on @forensicbuzz , the title of the article doesn't mention that it's going to be about the spring game. If you disappointed that specifics of the spring game were not included, then maybe too much was anticipated by not reading the title completely.

"A closer look at Georgia Tech football after completion of spring practices"

Or maybe I'm missing some words that I don't see in the title of the article.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yeah, but the article wasn't about the future players, etc., it was about the Spring Game. If it were a different article, that'd be fine.

Edit: okay, maybe it was a more general article. Although I was really impressed with Zion Taylor. He didn't mention Big #1 who had 3 catches, including a nice TD pass. But in my defense, the section I quoted was about where "Tech showcased its depth at...wide receiver..."
... As you note here, maybe you've already recognized that the article was not about the spring game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

@forensicbuzz
Try this article for Spring Game info... ;) Elko and Taylor are mentioned. Stanton is not in the article but is in picture # 13 of the

Quarterback Ben Guthrie completed the day by tossing a 7-yard scoring pass to Elko in the left corner of the end zone providing the final score. Elko finished with four catches for 136 yards and two touchdowns.

Philo cut Wreck ‘Em’s deficit to 27-17 by finding Zion Taylor on a 22-yard touchdown throw...

wide receiver Bailey Stockton (87) extends a catch with Georgia Tech defensive back Clayton Powell-Lee defending

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
There has been an interesting development for the spring game in Chapel Hill tomorrow. I was first alerted by the Wreck Talk Podcast that Coach Mack Brown requested that the ACC Network not televise their spring game. A sampling of Carolina media sources reveal that they don't have a clue has to Coach Brown's motivation. The UNC podcast personalities were quite frankly laughing about the idea of trying to be secretive. Who knows, but it doesn't project a confident football program. Also, apparently a standout defensive player was quoted recently about Coach Collins' new defensive scheme. Apparently, there has been an emphasis on disguising different packages to confuse the opposing QB and OL. When asked to be more specific, the player was quoted, "... it's all an illusion. " Interesting choice of words by the player.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Mack probably doesn't want poachers scouting his players by flipping on the TV.

Or maybe he doesn't want the world laughing at his DC making an arse of himself?

don't know idk GIF by EVIEWHY