Offseason Media 2024

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
And he just has a great name for a running back. I can hear it now, "Carrie carries the ball...he's at the 10, the 5, TOUCHDOWN!!"
Sometimes those great names are a double-edged sword. My heart nearly stopped when Wes said "BALL IS LOOSE" that one time and it took a moment for me to realize he meant that Reggie had gotten loose and made a play, not that the ball was on the ground. HAH HAH HAH.

But yeah, "How many carries does Carrie have today?" "Well Carrie's got 20 carries at the moment and on two of those carries he scored and on his next carry should go over the 150 yard mark."

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Sometimes those great names are a double-edged sword. My heart nearly stopped when Wes said "BALL IS LOOSE" that one time and it took a moment for me to realize he meant that Reggie had gotten loose and made a play, not that the ball was on the ground. HAH HAH HAH.

But yeah, "How many carries does Carrie have today?" "Well Carrie's got 20 carries at the moment and on two of those carries he scored and on his next carry should go over the 150 yard mark."
That “Ball is loose” radio call during that Vandy game, Jeeeeze… still bugs me lol

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Old video of Horace Lockett, but that Westlake team had a ton of talent. Two of the names he dropped should be very recognizable to ppl around here.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Two takeaways…
1. Nice of him not to tweak the intro AT ALL so I don’t have to read it each time. Unfortunately I still read it at least twice.
2. I’m quite happy with the “4th best” ACC QB. Don’t think I’d trade up even if i could.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Two takeaways…
1. Nice of him not to tweak the intro AT ALL so I don’t have to read it each time. Unfortunately I still read it at least twice.
2. I’m quite happy with the “4th best” ACC QB. Don’t think I’d trade up even if i could.

I feel like Graysom McCall is living off his Coastal Carolina days with Jamey Chadwell. Remember when GT fans didn't want Jamey Chadwell because if McCall? Well, Chadwell left for Liberty, and McCall wasn't nearly as effective at CCU. Chadwell just kept rolling with a new school and QB.

Book this: Barring injury, King will be a top 2 QB in the ACC, and top 10 QB in the country.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Insane to not put Cam Ward at #1 QB and by a long shot. Instantly not credible

He’s probably the only QB in the CFB I’d take over King without a second of hesitation. Love King, but Ward is magic.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How is DJ Ukelele suddenly the number 3 QB in the ACC?

He was actually pretty good at Oregon State. I said when he announced for FSU I'm not sure he had enough time for Norvells system. I'm glad we play FSU the first game since they're replacing a lot of players. We pretty much have everyone important back on offense, plus we kept our OC.

King will be the best QB in Ireland that weekend.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Whoever thinks McCall is even a top 5 QB in the ACC is absolutely bonkers. He is a Chadwell product. After he left he looked like complete crap. Haynes King is #2 probably behind Ward. DJ is just a big body.

#1 Ward
#2 King
#3 Kyle McCord

The fact he doesn't list McCord tells me all I need to know.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would use DJ the way Auburn used Cam Ward. He would carry the ball 20 times a game. He's a load to tackle and bigger than most LB's. Not much to teach either.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoy this one

Not that King sees back-to-back bowls as even a goal.

“Looking at the big picture, obviously we want to do better than last year,” King said when asked about 2024. “Secondly, we don’t see why we can’t be playing for the national championship here. With the players we have, with the staff we have, we don’t see why we won’t be playing in it.”

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Nevermind. I thought CW had declared for the NFL. Was wrong as he’s practicing for Duh you
Yup, and he could be the reason they win 10 games this year. To me, Miami has always felt a quarterback away from being very very good, especially lately. Alabama level talent at every position, just need a ring leader and an OC.
I’d say strong chance it’s them vs. whoever else in the ACC champ.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Yup, and he could be the reason they win 10 games this year. To me, Miami has always felt a quarterback away from being very very good, especially lately. Alabama level talent at every position, just need a ring leader and an OC.
I’d say strong chance it’s them vs. whoever else in the ACC champ.

So you mean you expect Miami to be our opponent in the ACCCG.

slugboy

Staff member

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Haynes beat DJU in every category except int’s (16 vs. 7) last season, 37 td’s accounted for vs. 27 for DJ really jumps out